logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX2 + Freebsd - Startup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gef

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:43    Post subject: NWNX2 + Freebsd - Startup Reply with quote

I've compiled & installed the nwnx2 on our freebsd server & the server starts ok, but does not output anything related to nwnx2 on the console; which from what i've seen posted on this forum, should happen.

No errors, warnings or informational messages are being output at all, and using the nwnstartup.sh script seems to start the server fine, just as if the server was starting normally.

I've tried starting with only the nwnx2.so, and adding each plugin as I go with no progress at all.

We're using the module Nordock_Stronghold, with nwn 1.66, i think.

I'm not really up with the internals of nwn other than the server end, since I don't play the game myself. I've set it up for some friends who are now wanting to provide full persistency, since the server has become reasonably popular.

Hope you guys can help out

Cheers,
- Gef
diavlen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 16:16    Post subject: Re: NWNX2 + Freebsd - Startup Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but there are two things that I can think of.

Check your nwnx2.ini file to be sure its configured properly.

Make sure the user that is running the nwn server has the proper permissions to see the nwnx files.

Check your nwnstartup script. I had to modify mine at one point to something like this:
Code:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib/mysql
export LD_PRELOAD=./nwnx2.so:/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so
./nwserver -module "BorgoPass_kb"
unset LD_PRELOAD

Okay, so that's three things...hope that helps.[/code]
Corysia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, I have compiled nwnx2.so on a Linux system and dropped the binary into FreeBSD 7.0. It's running without problems.

0> cat nwnx2.txt
NWN Extender v2.5.3-rc1
* NWNX2 activated.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: