logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Module Failed to Load: Crash on module load screen in NWN2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjmc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 14:25    Post subject: Module Failed to Load: Crash on module load screen in NWN2 Reply with quote

Hello,

I am just starting out with NWNX4, and really have not had a lot of experience with building mods. However I am quite IT and db savvy, and would like to get a server running with this.

I've configured NWNX4 to connect with MySQL 5.X database, and the log files and db admin connection monitor say is working correctly. It says it loaded the NWNXdemo module and I can see it from gamespy. I've also populated a new 'nwn' schema with the table 'pwdata' as per the directions.

The problem is after connecting to the server (either through gamespy or direct connect), select (or create) a new character, and proceed to load the module. Just as the progress bar begins to move, it crashes and tells me there was an error loading module.

Has anyone seen this? Also, I am not familiar with what to do with .erf files. I just placed them in an 'erf' folder in my NWN2 directory. Could this be an issue?

Thanks.
PhyrPhly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 17:05    Post subject: Re: Module Failed to Load: Crash on module load screen in NW Reply with quote

Hi mjmc, Have you tried to run the mod as a single player module? If not, I would suggest trying that. Also, let us know what version of NWNX4 you are using.

The erf files are for module builders to import the NWNX include scripts. You don't need to do anything with them, and placing them in your erf folder is fine.

- PhyrPhly
mjmc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing some searching, I've found what didn't seem intuitive to me but is most likely common knowlege. I needed to get the pwc file from the module. I am not pllaying on the same server as I am hosting, so this file may not have been loaded automatically. With that said, I cannot play on the server I am hosting the game on (PE 1750 w/ an 8MB video card). Which may be the reason the pwc file isn't on my other machine.

So I just opended the mod in the tool set, made the pwc file and copied it to my "play" machine's pwc folder in My Documents (My Documents > Neverwinter Nights 2 > pwc). After that, the module loaded nicely.

And to answer the version question: I'm using v1.08.

Thanks for the response, and I hope this helps anyone else in this situation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: