logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nwnx4 doesn't work
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darnah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 23:29    Post subject: nwnx4 doesn't work Reply with quote

Hi.

I have a problem with nwnx4, it just doesn't run correctly Sad
When i start nwnx4, it loads the nwn2-server, but it doesn't write any logfile or anything else.

My system is:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
2 GB RAM
Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition with Service Pack 2

I don't know, what i could do now.
PhyrPhly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 16:19    Post subject: Re: nwnx4 doesn't work Reply with quote

What version of NWNX4 are you using? Are you using the downloaded binaries or did you compile your own? If you compiled your own, what environment (IDE) are you using, and are you running the NWNX4 on the same machine that you compiled on?

- PhyrPhly
Darnah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried it with all version of nwnx4. Actually, i have 1.08 beta 2 installed.

I don't compile binaries under windows, i just download the zipfile and unzip it into the nwn2-folder and because of this, the binaries surely don't run on the same machine as they are compiled.
PhyrPhly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 18:09    Post subject: Re: nwnx4 doesn't work Reply with quote

I had encountered the same issue with version 1.07 (though, honestly, I don't recall if it was the downloaded distribution or one I compiled myself). The problem went away for me when I used the download version of 1.08 and now I compile my own.

I'll try to reproduce the problem with the version 1.07 build. In the mean time (if you are interested) I can send you a version of 1.08 with a staticly linked runtime environement. Although, I'm not sure it will fix the problem.

- PhyrPhly
Darnah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really interested
PhyrPhly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 19:39    Post subject: Re: nwnx4 doesn't work Reply with quote

Send me a PM with your email and I'll email the binaries to you when I get home from work.

- PhyrPhly
PhyrPhly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:20    Post subject: Re: nwnx4 doesn't work Reply with quote

I've verified that it is the 1.07 prototype download that I have the same problem with. Below is a image of the problem. Notice the server is running (Running, login at will), but the "Stop" button is greyed out and there is no "* Hook installed and initiallized successfully" message in the NWNX4 status window. There are no logs being generated, but I didn't include any evidence of that in my picture.

I was able to build a version that does the same thing, so I should be able to debug the issue.

- PhyrPhly

[/img]
PhyrPhly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:56    Post subject: Re: nwnx4 doesn't work Reply with quote

Well, that didn't take long...

My biggest clue came when I tried to run the NWNX server from the command line. When I tried to run it there in interactive mode, it complained that it couldn't find MadCHook.dll. That reminded me of someone else post about having to put MadCHook.dll in the NWNX4 directory and the Neverwinter Night 2 directory. I copied it over and wouldn't you know, it worked!

Let me know if that's your problem as well.

- PhyrPhly
kungfoowiz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would probably be best to load NWNX4 from the root NWN2 folder unless you're running multiple servers from the same computer in which case the hook would probably have to be in the same folder as NWNX4.
Darnah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I load nwnx4 from the serverroot and i have exactly this problem, wich PhyrPhly posted with the screenshots.
Quintar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem.
Both programms start the server but none can restart/stop it.
I have a 64-System also.
Is the madhook.dll 64-windows-ready?
virusman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, NWNX4 still isn't compatible with 64-bit systems.
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the madcodehook library which is not compatible with 64 bits, so it's not NWNX4 specifically.

Sorry, but there is not much I can do about this. Madcodehook might be replaced eventually, and almost is, but there still a small issue that I can not solve without it.
Darnah

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have i any option, if i just want to connect NwN2 with my MySQL-database, who doesn't need madhook?
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a 64bit OS ? I do not think so, sorry...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: