logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Segfaults after anything, 2.5.3rc1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SSJeol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:57    Post subject: Segfaults after anything, 2.5.3rc1 Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm not able to run any of the demonstration modules included in 2.5.3rc1.

I'm able to logon, and join the module. But as soon I use a nwnx-scripted item the server segfaults. Apparently the calls get over to nwnx, as the last thing I can read in nwnx_odbc.txt is:

Request: EXEC
Params : DROP TABLE containers

Do I use a bad version, or could it be a bad build?

- J -

-------Console output----------
NWNX2lib: Init
NWNX2lib: org SetString() at 0x81f1660, new SetString() at 0xb7f2d9ee
* Parsing configuration...
NWN Extender v2.5.3-rc1
(c) 2004 by the APS/NWNX Linux Conversion Group
Based on the Win32 version (c) 2003 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon)
and Jeroen Broekhuizen
visit us at http://www.avlis.org

* Loading modules...
[Database] SetDebugLevel(9) called. Current value=0
ODBC plugin Registerred.
[FUNCTIONS] SetDebugLevel(9) called. Current value=0
FUNCTIONS plugin Registerred.
[HASHSET] SetDebugLevel(9) called. Current value=0
HASHSET plugin Registerred.
* NWNX2 activated.
Neverwinter Nights Server
Build:8099
Copyright BioWare Corp 1998-2004

Server: Loading...
Server: Running...

Server: Loading module "pcontainers"...
Server: Module loaded
INIT: valid ret=0x0820149c
./sstart: line 16: 11663 Segmentation fault (core dumped) ./nwserver -publicserver 0 -servername Joels_L -autosaveinterval 0 -dmpassword linux -playerpassword yay -oneparty 0 -maxlevel 40 -pauseandplay 0 -module pcontainers -interactive -servervault 1 -pvp 2
Mikel of Avalon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your version is a little bit out of date. I'm not sure if the old version is compatible with the current nwn version. You should try the new version from virusman what gives you many new possibilities and plugins. It's running on my Linux box and i have no problems with it.

Look at http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=795

Take a look at the Linux development board for any other news about the linux port...

Kalandur - Die vergessene Welt
SSJeol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the pcontainer mod that run on your box?

I just updated and tried with only nwnx_odbc.so and nwnx2.so and it still segfaults as soon I click either the chest or the banner pole.
Code:

(log nwnx_odbc.txt contains:)
Request: SPACER
Params : ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Results: ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Request: EXEC
Params : DROP TABLE containers

(log nwnx2.txt: )
* Library ODBC!SPACER found: B7ECC560
* OnRequest address: 0000000D
name='NWNX!ODBC!EXEC'
value='DROP TABLE containers'
* Library ODBC!EXEC found: B7ECC560
* OnRequest address: 0000000D

Those OnRequest addresses, are they relative to some adress. They look pretty bogus to me.
virusman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

The log is ok.
Try to update the ODBC plugin (it's also available in Linux Development section).
I'm not at home right now, otherwise I could help you by analyzing the core dump. I'll return on 9th september.
SSJeol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXCELLENT! Now it works for me.

I didn't see it the first time I looked in the file listing, but now I found nwnx_odmbc-0.3-linux.rar , (why not .bz2 btw? Shocked)

Well... it didn't compile at first, but it turned out to be only an issue with the newer gcc. I fixed it with this small change:
Code:
 NWNXodmbc::WriteSCO(char *...
into
Code:
WriteSCO(char * ...

Thank you very much! Smile
- J -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: