logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dual Server Connection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinknapkins

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:26    Post subject: Dual Server Connection Reply with quote

I have a MySQL database set up on my main server and it runs fine. The machine is running Windows Server 2003.

My second server is running Windows XP and is having problems accessing the db on the first server.

I have tried several different ways to connect to it.

Can someone point me in the right direction....

Do I need to create a new user or can I use nwnuser for both connections?

How do I allow access into the MySQL db from the other server on the same network?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MySQL version: 4.1.16-nt

I keep getting access denied errors. It is finding the db and the other server, just not allowing it in. Sad
RQScott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you use a mysql-user with granted rights for remote login.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/de/default-privileges.html
pinknapkins

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the user have the sam name as the one accessing from the prmary server (nwnuser) or should I create a new one (nwnuser2 for example)?

Also, is it possible to assign access privilages to a new user or an existing user to allow it to connect from a seperate machine?

The article you posted, other than being in german and for mysql 5, didn't really solve the problem... unless I completely am missing the point (not wholly unlikely)
RQScott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinknapkins wrote:
Can the user have the sam name as the one accessing from the prmary server (nwnuser) or should I create a new one (nwnuser2 for example)?

Also, is it possible to assign access privilages to a new user or an existing user to allow it to connect from a seperate machine?

The article you posted, other than being in german and for mysql 5, didn't really solve the problem... unless I completely am missing the point (not wholly unlikely)

You can use exactly the same user for both maschines. It is possible to assign privileges to a new or existing user to connect from remote maschines.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/grant.html

For example, if you want to grant access to all tables from any host:

Code:

grant all on *.* to username@'%' identified by 'password';
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Database related All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: