logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NW Log Files
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grumalg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Kallistor: Haven't had the need to run in service mode yet. I was wondering when I posted if something like that might have been the difference and almost posted to try both and see if it made a difference. Clearly if it works in interactive and not in service nwnx4 may have a problem.

--- Grumalg ---
pdwalker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kallistor wrote:
@Grumalg: Thanks for pointing that out Grumalg. I have never used WriteTimestampedLogEntry in v1.03 with Scripts Print To File=1. But let me ask you if you are running the server through NWNX4 in interactive mode or service mode? I have just tried it again with WriteTimestampedLogEntry instead of PrintString and nothing is printed in the logfile except for the '.' but in interactive mode it does print the string in the WriteTimestampedLogEntry function.

WriteTimestampedLogEntry works for me under nwnx4 when running in interactive mode.

- Paul
Kallistor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree with that now, but if some of you can try it in service mode to back my statement up and possibly help the NWNX4 team find a solution.

Thanks
kungfoowiz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had to make all my INI files read-only, so as to keep the settings intact. For some reason NWN2 overwrites them with other settings and then my logfiles stop working. To say it's highly annoying, would be an understatement.

I dunno if this has any bearing on your problem though, but I just thought to let you know of my experience with the Logfile beast.

---
kung
Kallistor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully Kungfoowiz I do not have this headache of yours.
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also be interested in any quirks that appear in service mode, since I think it will be the best way to run a NWN2 server.
Kallistor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear Papillon as I also believe service mode is the best mode to run in. If you need any more data from me then I am willing to supply it but I think I have spammed this post with enough data. Just waiting for some one else to run in service mode and either tell me that I have a problem or they can also replicate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: