logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Running NWNX2 on Ubuntu 6.0 64bit. can't compile.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bsworkman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:00    Post subject: Running NWNX2 on Ubuntu 6.0 64bit. can't compile. Reply with quote

Is the Linux version of NWNX2 work on a 64bit OS version?

I'm running Ubuntu 6.0 x86-64bit.

I configured the SOs on my 32bit version and copied them to the 64. it runs fine but the last line before the server load fails and I get no db connections.
I believe it is trying to find a file it can't.

So, I decided to try to do a ./configure thinking that it just needs to relocate and compile the file. Only to get the C Compiler Could not compile executables error. I have GCC and all the Librarys that I could find installed just as I do with my 32bit. So I checked the log file and found it gives and error about the 64 bit CPU.

any ideas?

-Brian.
bsworkman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error message I get when I run with the already created NWNX2so files is the following.

ERROR: dlopen: ./nwnx_odbc.so: libmysqlclient.so.15: cannot open shared file: No such file or directory.

the nwnx_odbc.so file is in the main nwn folder as it should be in the default patch just the same as my other server where it worked fine and was compiled.

The libmysqlclient.so.15 file is in the /etc/lib folder where it is exactly on the other machine that works. All I copied was the nwn folder stuff. everything else was installed. Any ideas?

It would be nice if I didn't have to recompile, mostly because of what I said in the previous posts about compling.

Thanks,

-Brian.
cawila

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to have the 32 bit version of libmysqlclient.so installed. Your /etc/lib probably contains x86_64 *.so's, in fact /etc/lib is likely just soft linked to "/etc/lib64" ... or something like that. I bet you do not have "/etc/lib32/libmysqlclient" (or where ever Ubuntu puts the 32 bit libs).

You can build your own 32 bit libs from source code, or you can find some binary somebody already made. Probably easiest to get an RPM with the lib you want and install it in the ../lib32 dir. Likely it is least painful to do it by hand -- extract the needed libs from the RPM (or where ever), place them in a directory where the linker can find them (check the documentation of ldconfig, you'll need it to update some enviroment variables).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: