logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can you store Passwords?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cwraig

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:44    Post subject: Can you store Passwords? Reply with quote

Ive just written a PHP-MYSQL based character anaylser (just by analysing the text character files) and i want to know if i can send the character passwords to the database straight from the game.

The code ive written will be released Open Source so if anyone wants gimmie a yell
Thanks
Craig Ross
Acrodania

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could access the stored passwords, but it might not do what you wish....

1) The GameServer password cannot be done via the database; there is no hook into the server's gui. There is also no individual player passwords for entry by default.

That said:
You CAN use the client's OnEnter script to compare to the database. However, it is clunkier than snot Smile Basically you have to setup a listener of use the speach plugin so that a player can type something and the game can pick it up. Then you would have to check it against the database. This gets more challenging because if you use any form of encryption the NWNX database call cannot de-encrypt it. After you verify the password then you can port them into the main module.

You can't keep players OUT using an alternate authentication, you can just put them somewhere until they authenticate.
cwraig

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

your right its not quite what i wanted but thanks anyway, i dont know if i made my self really clear.when a character is generated on the multiplayer game server a password is created. it is this password (and thefore the character name) that i wish to store in the database.

Thanks anyway ill keep looking if i find anything ill post it back here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Database related All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: