logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX ODBC2 object storage engine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
twinj

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am crashing during the load of my module? I read this thread and turned off the object hook and the mod loads fine?. Do you want any info .. youd have to show what you may need me as this new system spooks me Wink.

For starters. I am using the Bioware database for objects. ( I have turned the hook to false and teh module loads )

The system I use is.

1. The module has a DATABASE_VAULT ( a chest )
    2. Each database string name eg Player Name or quests is on it own Object inside the chest.
    3. Each object inside the container is saved as a Campaign Object saving all required data in one swoop/flush called by a function.
    4. No SCO/RCO calls are made until the data is flushed. Wrappers with similar name are used to save teh data. It makes it much like the normal SetLocal functions.
    5. When a player enters there "object" is loaded/ RCO and unloaded on exit.
    6. Each flush of data.. deletes the whole campaign and resets it. As the Bioware DB isnt very tidy otherwise.

Anyhow a similar thing could be done with your new system and make DB access much faster in a sense.. but maybe less reliable due to the fact that data remains in RAM for a while instead of instant disc access. That can be done with Mysql directly anyway.. It would also make DB size much smaller.

I would of liked to make use of both systems.. Bioware Objects and SCORCOhook... hehe ( I know ).

I will currently be using the Bioware DB for local connections and teh NWNX2 for a remote data connection.

To flush or save the database objects for the players. I call a userdefined event on load and call another event from within teh same event. This happens every 12 minutes. ( proves to be very reliable if you build a module that doesnt want to crash Wink )

The times RCOSCO are called are rare.. I commented out any RCOSCO calls in teh load event and the same crash occurs.

I will do some more research on the module.

I removed all of my event scripts/cache'd scripts and haks and any reference to the functions in scripts.

Didnt crash. Just to make sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: