logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Combat round length

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:38    Post subject: Combat round length Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever come across the combat round data -- specifically, the combat round length? I would be curious to see how the game plays with a longer combat round -- say 9 secs or even 12.

I suppose it might be tied to a lot of timing (i.e. hb's), so it has the potential to throw a lot of time based engine level events into whacky land (or maybe it's derived from hb's and could be changed in isolation?), but it would be interesting to play with.

If anyone wonders why, well, one of the great things about PnP d&d is that you have time for events to sink in as they unfold; whereas in NWN's it's rapid fire events one after the other until you die or you prevail. More "realistic" I suppose in terms of timing, but not so good for understanding how combat unfolds and understanding what exactly is happening.

Thanks.
Acrodania

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 6 second round is hard coded and directly tied into the game engine. It can't be altered....

I think the best you could come up with is something that sat in the module's HeartBeat script that "paused" then game for the first PC, though I have no idea if that is possible or not Smile
Heed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean. That should be memory resident when the app is running, no? Or do you mean the clients would also need some sort of modification?

EDIT: now that I think about it, yeah, the clients would be out of synch with the app. Ah well, was just a thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: