logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX and MySQL Configuration

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AussieScum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 0:45    Post subject: NWNX and MySQL Configuration Reply with quote

Copied from Bioware forums to here for wider coverage:

At present, our PW is running with an older version of NWNX and an ODBC connection to the MySQL database.

We are looking to upgrade to the latest version of NWNX and change the MySQL to be a direct connect.

Our Server Admin says he's seen some posts about the web about stability of the latest NWNX - any comments from anyone there? Do you have some experience with this? Would love to hear from you.

Also, we are looking at changing from an ODBC connection to the database to a direct MySQL connection. Anyone have any experience with that?

Would love to get some first hand views before we go screwing around with the configuration of the world as it is at the moment.

Thanks
Steve
Acrodania

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, before making any changes copy your current setup (DLLs, INI files, aps_include, etc) so that its easy to roll back to the old version Wink

I would HIGHLY recommend testing the MySQL Direct Connection. It is a lot faster for us. Depending on what version of NWNX you are using right now you might be able to convert to that without loading another version of NWNX.

As for stability, I am the only one that I know of that is having stability issues with the newer versions Confused Papillon is working at trying to figure out my system's peculiarities. If you have backed up the current setup then you will be able to roll back in case you have issues so there really isn't any reason NOT to check it, especially with the newer functions and plugins that could add a lot to your world!

Luck!
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgrading is recommended for everyone. I would consider Avlis a heavy duty server (6 modules on distinct servers, very extensive use of NWNX, high number of concurrent users) and it runs fine on the new version.

Apart from that, yeah, Acrodania's systems so far is the only one known to have problems with the new version of the *main* program (which essentially adds support for INI files). I am not sure what is causing the problems on his server, but it surely isn't the exemplary NWNX performance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: