logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Katrina Mishow

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:10    Post subject: Need help Reply with quote

Okay.. I'm not sure if this is a good place to post this question, but might as well. If not, can someone direct me to the place I need to go?

I'm trying to get the speech/listener system to work properly. I've had NWNX2 set up for a long time, and it seems to work, (The demo module says it can retrieve the test string, so I assume the DB is working) although for some strange reason, I can never get persistant player locations to work. O.o;

Er.. Anyway, I've got it installed, I then went and installed the Talus listener stuff (Including the DMFI, since I assume nothing will work without that..) and set it all up according to the directions listed, modified the DMFI stuff (Which half of the scripts didn't have the script he said to comment out.) I got the sniffer thingy, then went in, did the lever pulling job, and so forth. Got a ton of invalid token "`" things, so I found I had to go edit the scripts to work with access, which wasn't hard. Fixed that, then went in to do it again.. Everything worked fine. Ran the listener, worked fine. Can see everything said in the module. (Well, not everything.. Long posts seem to not show up.)

Then, started up my server, all the stuff set up, ran the listener.. went in to see if it worked.. and nothing happened.

First thing to do: Check logs. In my nwnx_odbc.txt log, I see these two lines appear 157 times. -.-;

Code:

o Got request: SELECT player, ip, port, speech, type FROM nwn_speech where servername='Raahm' LIMIT 1
o Sent response (0 bytes):

Any idea what is wrong with it? Any ideas on how to fix it, etc? It could be that I messed up when I fixed the TL setup script to work with Access instead of SQL, but I dunno. I can post scripts, and other info if needed.

Oh, and on a side note, I tried it with the NWNX2 speech plugin, and got this error in my nwnx.txt log file:
Code:

NWN Extender V.2.6.1
(c) 2005 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon) and Jeroen Broekhuizen
visit us at http://www.nwnx.org

* Loading plugins...
* Plugin functions is loaded.
* Plugin hashset is loaded.
* Plugin odbc is loaded.
* Plugin profiler is loaded.
* An error occured while loading extension speech (126: The specified module could not be found. )
* Plugin time is loaded.
* NWNX2 activated.

That makes no sense at all, since nwnx2 loads the module just fine. o.O;
JeroenB

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like that the tables in your database aren't created yet that are neccessary for the correct operation of the speech plugin.

The multiple appearance happens because every few seconds talus checks the database for speeches.
Katrina Mishow

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mm.. Finally a reply.

I've tried doing this with sql lite, and access... both give me this odd error when trying to run the table setup script for the TL, something to the effect of "unknown token ` "

Would anyone be able to post the setup script for sql lite, or access, seeing how the one the system came with doesn't seem to work right? Either that, or I'm just stupid. ._.,
JeroenB

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be helpfull if you posted the contents of your nwnx2.ini file. You could check if the demo module works without the speech plugin.
Katrina Mishow

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the time I wasn't using the plugin. I was using the TL program, until I got it up and running.

Here's my nwnx.ini.. Some of the default stuff, like module, I have overridden in shortcuts, but that shouldn't matter if it doesn't work entirely, no? I dunno how it works, so maybe there is something. Anyway, here:

Code:
; NWNX2 configuration file
; These are the default values for NWNX2. Values specified on the command
; line take precedence.

[NWNX]
ServerPort = 5121
ModuleName = "aps_demo"
WatchdogProcess = yes
UpdateIntervalProcess = 5
WatchdogGamespy = no
UpdateIntervalGamespy = 20
GamespyRetries = 5
OldGamespyProtocol = no
RestartDelay = 5

[ODBC2]
; Log file
MaxLogSize = 512 ; in KByte
LogLevel = 2 ; 0=nothing, 1=only errors, 2=everything

; Use these two settings for the SQLite internal database
source = sqlite
file   = sqlite.db

; Use these two settings for ODBC connections
;source = odbc
;dsn    = nwn

; Use these five settings for MySQL connections
;source = mysql
;server = localhost
;user   = nwn
;pwd    = nwn
;db     = nwn

; Set hookscorco to false if you want to disable hooking of
; StoreCampaignObject and RetrieveCampaignObject entirely
hookscorco = true

[PROFILER]
MaxLogSize = 512 ; in KByte
LogLevel = 1 ; 1=overall statistics, 2=full script callstack

One thing, when I do try to run it with the newer speech plugin, in the window that pops up, it says, first thing, that it can't connect to the db.. Which doesn't make much sense, since I've had the APS set up for a long time, and it worked..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: