logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compiling Problems Ubuntu
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squatting Monk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 and I followed the same process you did. Works fine for me, so I doubt it's the distro. Sorry I don't know enough Linux to be of more help. Sad
Marawaa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at least glad that someone is giving me something to try or I would have pulled my hair out by now.Laughing

Brand new Debian install with

Code:
sudo apt-get install autoconf make build-essential gcc g++ zlib1g-dev libmysqlclient18 libmysqlclient-dev gperf subversion linux-headers-2.6

Here we go again Smile

edit: I think I can conclude that the issue lies with version 12.04 of Ubuntu or a newer version of the packages on it. Two fresh installs, almost the same installs with whichever version differences are on the respective flavors, compile works correctly on Debian but segfaults on Ubuntu. Many thanks for the suggestions Smile
acomputerdood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

first off, don't get at all hung up about size differences. there are TONS of reasons why there would be differences, and none of them really matter.

and secondly, do you need ALL of the nwnx plugins? i would start removing them until you find the one actually causing the problem.

now, to actually help getting them compiled - as hinted in my 2nd question above, it would really help if some trial and error were done to find out specifically which plugin was causing the seg fault.

let us know how your debian worked. i'll try compiling on my ubuntu here to solve the original problem.
Marawaa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debian worked perfectly and does not segfault but uses older versions of the packages, maybe it's that reason. I'm going to use Debian for all compiling but Ubuntu for my host! Thank you for suggesting anything I might try, I would have given up before I read them. Smile

In response to your question about which plugins were segfaulting I tried many different plugins 1 by 1 in a fully working directory and it seems that as soon as they were called it segfaulted. I think the only plugins I did not test were the ruby+sql+java ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: