logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for some effect references

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psionic-Entity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:50    Post subject: Looking for some effect references Reply with quote

So I came across this gem the other day while playing around with nwn2 ranged weapons. We all know that adding certain "damage" effects to ranged weapons applies a different look to ammunition as its fired. This is a straight up replacement of the trail effect found in ammunitiontypes.2da, and the base nwn2 game includes effects for fire, acid and electrical ammunition. That said, three damage types appear to be missing (that is, the usual strike trail effect disappears but no effect is there to replace them) this occurs for negative energy, cold damage and divine damage.

After some exploration, it turns out that copy-pasting the "frost" weapon trail effect and renaming it so that "frost" is now "cold" actually fixes frost ammunition, in that it fires with a blue trail. (fx_weapontr_frost to fx_weapontr_cold) Now, I've tried all sorts of words and I just can't figure out what (if any) effects are being referenced by negative energy and divine.

I want to know if there's any methods of figuring out which nonexistent effects the hardcoded nwn2 scripts reference, so that they can be added in. Anything from logs of effect files to "file not found" errors (which I'm not sure exist" would be great. I've tested the individual effects and they all look great, but the game doesn't seem to be referencing anything obvious for divine and negative energy damage.
Lokey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Divine is usually holy or holy avenger (variously smushed together and abbreviated).
elven

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least with nwn1, there weren't any models shipped with the default NWN to provide neg/pos/holy trail effects.

Models are named wamar_fxE [for arrows], where E is one of acid, elect, fire, frost, sonic.

Dunno if NWN2 provides such models, you'd have to check the data files. The names would be neg, and holy. (And maybe pos, although that usually doesn't have any visible effect).
Psionic-Entity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 0:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

fx_weapontr_* includes models for divine and models for negative energy, I've found them, but have been unable to discover what nwn2 is actually referencing.

I've tried all the obvious ones (holy, divine, divin, div, negative, darkness, dark, neg, negat ... ... ... ...) with no luck so far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: