logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New and Happy user of NWNX BUT a question??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lordofworms

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 21:00    Post subject: New and Happy user of NWNX BUT a question?? Reply with quote

Hello, first off, wow...absolutely love what NWNX2 has done for my NWN PW!!

but my question is this, I am using it successfully and havent encountered any 'issues' that I havent been able to crack myself but I couldnt find any info on what the most up to date version of NWNX2 is?

I am using the one from the main downloads section here...
but in my searches I have found

newer builds? nwnx_fixes?? do I need this one? what version should I be running? is there a more stable (but maybe not final release) that I should be looking into?
I am just a little confused especially in regards to the 'nwnx_fixes.dll' I have found referenced in many of these posts?

Thanks !!
again, excellent software!
Zebranky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link in my signature goes to builds which I just updated to the latest SVN revision. That'll be pretty much the newest you'll find. nwnx_fixes is only necessary if you want to tweak certain behaviors (indeed, except for one rare crashbug fix, it might be better named nwnx_tweaks).

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
lordofworms

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I use that version of NWNx2 (from your sig) I get an This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

this is on my server running windows XP, but running this same setup in test mode on my main rig (vista) it works fine?

I dont see what I could be missing??
Baaleos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to get that error, with some of the newer nwnx plugins.

The fix for me, was I had to download and install the vc++ redistributable package from microsoft.

Its a free package..
It basically allows applications developed in c++ to work on your machine.

Sometimes, in rare occasions, it requires some folders put into your nwn directory from the windows directory.
Baaleos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 13:15    Post subject: had the problem too Reply with quote

See this thread

http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1713
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: