logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem running multiple physical servers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sethan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:16    Post subject: Problem running multiple physical servers Reply with quote

Let me say up front that this has nothing to do with NWNX.

That said, I know some folks here are running multiple NWN servers, and I'm having some difficulty doing the same.

I currently have a FIOS connection with lots of bandwidth, 5 static IPs, and 3 physical NWN servers. Of the 3 servers, 2 are running Windows 2003 Server (one of those is a live PW, one is a test server), and one is running Ubuntu Server 10.04 (this is a development box, which I am hoping to turn into a second PW).

My problem is that only the server on my main IP shows up in Gamespy. The others can be direct connected to without difficulty - but if they show up in Gamespy at all, it is brief. To make matters more difficult, everything looks fine to me from inside my network, so I can never tell if there is an issue. I've beat my head against a wall on this for over a year now, on and off, and had other people look at the router config, but we can't seem to find out what the issue is.

So, asking here if anyone has seen a similar issue. If not, and you're running multiple physical servers that show up in gamespy successfully, please let me know your setup.

My router is an Actiontec MI424WR, and I'll happily replace it if that's what it takes to fix it.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

My server hoster had some problems with this too. He was unable to make it work for one installation, but when he made new NWN installation it worked after some messing with router and ports... Can't tell you nothing exact though, but if you are trying to make it work on only one nwn installation, try make new...
starfall

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

can u post a server-LAN-router-web map of your network?...

we would probably then need to see your port settings/setup screens on your router and then also.. router brand specs... hard to tell from your general detail as maybe it is quite a sophisticated setup there..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: