logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX4 without interface

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpgbl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 0:04    Post subject: NWNX4 without interface Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Im just wondering if anybody has an exe file that will run NWNX4 and the NWN2 main application at the same time but without showing the NWNX4 interface. Thanks
virusman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a command-line launcher for NWNX4.
rpgbl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for th reply. I was actually looking for an exe that will execute both nwnx4 and the main nwn2 application. Is there any such file existed?

Just in case there is no such file, I have some questions about NWNx4:
1. How to run the NWNX4 without interface ? Is it by executing the NWNX4_controller? I've tried to run it but in the game, it said there is no module. Is there any setup that I missed ?
2. How to configure the NWNX4 using the command line execution ? I need to uncheck "only one party" and choose "none" at the PlayervsPlayer. There rest of the default setting is fine.

Thanks ^v^
Fireboar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the ini file to configure the server, then run the command line version. The way Windows works, you might have to do something hacky like make a vbscript to launch the command line version to avoid having a DOS window on screen.

Anything executing both NWNX4 and NWN2 is totally pointless and counterproductive. The reason being, NWNX4 itself launches NWN2. So you'd end up with two instances of NWN2 running.

Basically, there are two options: use the regular graphical NWNX4 launcher, or use the command line one. That's it. There's nothing like what you describe, but as I say, you could theoretically make one with vbscript.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: