logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modifying Number of Attacks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArielT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:17    Post subject: Modifying Number of Attacks Reply with quote

Is there a method by which I might be able to modify upward or downward the core number of attacks for the primary and offhand in NWN1 via a NWNX2 plugin? For instance, something that could create a Greater Two Weapon Fighting feat by adding an extra attack at -5 to the offhand.

I've trolled the repository a bit, but haven't run into anything appropriate yet. Has anyone tried and found the task intractable?
Timear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try the EffectModifyAttacks()?
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timear wrote:

This is useless, he wants only off-hand attack, like Tempest PrC. I have not seen anything which could do this in any plugin, but maybe you could workaround it via OnPhysicalAttack event on creature, sure it won't work vs PC, but at least something.

OnPhysicalAttack
if onhand
- delete var "offhand"
if offhand && !var "offhand"
- set var "offhand"
- make "false" attack - will be very hard to do, but maybe PRC library can help

something like that, or you can look into PRC, their solution never worked for me, but its been a while I see into that...
ArielT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timear wrote:

Yes. This adds extra attacks starting at full attack value, it does not actually modify the attack series. If I have a character with a 6 BAB, I get a +6/+1 base attack set, with using the EffectModifyAttacks() it becomes +6/+1/+6. I'd like to be able to make it become either just +6 or +6/+1/-4. Also, EffectModifyAttacks() does not affect the offhand in any way shape or form.

Quote:
something like that, or you can look into PRC, their solution never worked for me, but its been a while I see into that...
That might be viable. I know if you look at a character's bic, under the CombatInfo node, there is a NumAttacks listing. My gut was that this meant there must be a variable that can be modified after equipping a weapon via memory hack (aka NWNX2) that would allow the number of attacks to be changed.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArielT wrote:
That might be viable. I know if you look at a character's bic, under the CombatInfo node, there is a NumAttacks listing. My gut was that this meant there must be a variable that can be modified after equipping a weapon via memory hack (aka NWNX2) that would allow the number of attacks to be changed.
Well PRC has no plugins, they did everything via standartd scripting, so dont expect miracles. They have Tempest and Greater Two-Weapon Fighting but as I said, in my PW with PRC it never worked. However it said their scripting solution works.
Dethia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArielT wrote:
Timear wrote:

Yes. This adds extra attacks starting at full attack value, it does not actually modify the attack series. If I have a character with a 6 BAB, I get a +6/+1 base attack set, with using the EffectModifyAttacks() it becomes +6/+1/+6. I'd like to be able to make it become either just +6 or +6/+1/-4. Also, EffectModifyAttacks() does not affect the offhand in any way shape or form.

Quote:

I do this in nwn2 by applying SetBaseAttackBonus effect coupled with EffectAttackDecrease. Make the effects supernatural so they can not be stripped by resting or so on and make sure they are linked. Sorry don't know if this works in nwn1 well. Apply the effect when a player equips a weapon in the off hand for example and does not have two weapon fighting. You can strip the effect when they unequip the weapon.
ArielT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dethia wrote:
I do this in nwn2 by applying SetBaseAttackBonus effect coupled with EffectAttackDecrease. Make the effects supernatural so they can not be stripped by resting or so on and make sure they are linked. Sorry don't know if this works in nwn1 well. Apply the effect when a player equips a weapon in the off hand for example and does not have two weapon fighting. You can strip the effect when they unequip the weapon.
NWN1 doesn't have a SetBaseAttackBonus effect. It does have a function called SetBaseAttackBonus, but it doesn't work on PCs... And that still wouldn't affect the offhand.
Lokey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works on pcs, try it.
ArielT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lokey wrote:
Works on pcs, try it.
Did a bit of testing. Interesting! I'm surprised the lexicon is wrong about this. Nothing similar for offhand?
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaDoOoW wrote:
Timear wrote:

This is useless, he wants only off-hand attack, like Tempest PrC. I have not seen anything which could do this in any plugin, but maybe you could workaround it via OnPhysicalAttack event on creature, sure it won't work vs PC, but at least something.

OnPhysicalAttack
if onhand
- delete var "offhand"
- set var "offhand"

Did anyone get far with this? Now I going to make greater and perfect 2weap fighting feat like OP wanted. Does anyone did it already via my suggestion or some plugin and want to share his solution?

Could spare me couple of hours of scripting, really this is quite tricky Smile.
ArielT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaDoOoW wrote:
ShaDoOoW wrote:
Timear wrote:

OnPhysicalAttack
if onhand
- delete var "offhand"
- set var "offhand"

Did anyone get far with this? Now I going to make greater and perfect 2weap fighting feat like OP wanted. Does anyone did it already via my suggestion or some plugin and want to share his solution?

Could spare me couple of hours of scripting, really this is quite tricky Smile.
No, but I would wuv you for it...

I think just threw up a little in my mouth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: