logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't find install tutorial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
just_shark

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 23:16    Post subject: Can't find install tutorial Reply with quote

Hello, i just downloaded nwnx and cant find how to install it.
There's no any instructions in readme.txt file, only changelog.

I found only this tutorial, but im using linux.

Ubuntu 9.10 Server
nwnx-2.7-beta4-linux_01
just_shark

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the answer.

Im really sorry for my dumb topic.
virusman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installing NWNX on Linux

You can choose to download precompiled binaries or compile NWNX from the sources.
  • The (precompiled) release versions and packages are generally stable, but may be a bit outdated.
  • The SVN repository contains the latest versions of the plugins; some plugins (funcs, weapons, etc.) are available only on SVN. Although, SVN trunk may be unstable.

Downloading

NWNX Linux downloads can be found here:
http://www.nwnx.org/index.php?id=nwnx2
Download linnwnx2-2.5.3-rc1.tar.gz (it contains nwnstartup.sh, nwnx2.ini), then nwnx-2.7-beta4-linux.rar. Unpack nwnstartup.sh, nwnx2.ini, nwnx2.so from these packages to your nwn server folder.
Generally, a plugin can be installed by just copying nwnx_*.so file to the server folder, but some plugins may require additional configuration (i.e. database connection settings for ODBC). Refer to plugin documentation.

Compiling from SVN
To compile NWNX from sources, you need a terminal access to your server (usually via SSH). Also, GCC, gmake, subversion packages must be installed.
Create a new directory and run:
Code:
cd </path/to/your/directory>
svn co http://nwn.virusman.ru/svn/nwnx2-linux/trunk/ .
./install.sh

The install script will automatically configure and build NWNX.
Copy nwnstartup.sh, nwnx2.ini, nwnx2.so and nwnx_*.so for the plugins you need from 'compiled' subdirectory to your nwn server folder.

Configuring and running NWNX
Edit nwnstartup.sh and replace default vaules with your module name, server name, etc.
Install 'screen' package and run ./nwnstartup.sh from the 'screen' terminal. (Read screen manpage for more info)
There is a more advanced shell script configurable with an external .conf file that restarts the server when it crashes:
http://data.virusman.ru/nwn/nwnx-shscripts.rar

If you don't have any terminal access and don't control the script that starts the server (i.e. you can't reconfigure it to run nwnstartup.sh instead of nwserver), you can make a workaround:
1. Rename nwserver to nw_server
2. Upload this script to the server: http://data.virusman.ru/nwn/nwserver-wrapper.rar
3. Set the file execution permission (chmod 755)
Sethan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh - I really could have used those instructions about a month ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: