logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is "nwnx" a MUST name for the database? And table

View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuintellaRosa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 20:08    Post subject: Is "nwnx" a MUST name for the database? And table Reply with quote

I'm just starting using NWNX, mainly for the MySQL possibility. What I have to know is: may I name my database another name instead of nwnx, like "MyNWNdB", for instance? Do I have to create a table to hold any special values for NWNX itself?

Thanks!
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can name your database whatever you like with MySQL. The tables you need depend entirely on what you want to do, and you can name them whatever you like, as well. If you're planning to use the nwnx default functions in aps_include, though, you'll want to use the aps_demo module to create the default tables that go with them, with their particular names and columns. You can still name your database whatever you like, in that case, too. The database name is specified in the ini.

Funky
Fireboar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going to use the SQLExecDirect function, you can name your tables absolutely anything at all. This function is recommended for users who have a proper understanding of SQL syntax, these users can make use of relations, large data sets and more. Basic users who are used to using SetPersistent functions should go with Funky's advice and run the aps_demo module. You can then use the APS equivalent functions to perform the same operations as the bioware versions, with less latency. Basically, if you're going to use the APS persistent functions, run aps_demo. If you've got your own database structure in mind and are going to be exclusively be using SQLExecDirect, SQLFetch, SQLGetData, SQLEncodeSpecialChars, SQLDecodeSpecialChars and/or any other functions of your own invention related to database management, there's no need to bother.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: