logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OnDeath Loot Help needed.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
supasack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 17:35    Post subject: OnDeath Loot Help needed. Reply with quote

I have never been a fan of having to wait for the 6 second HB to see if a mob drops loot or not. It really takes away from a quickly moving environment.

My PW design is moving more along the lines of a Diablo mob death where a bag instantly spawns the loot based on the OnDeath script making calls to the MySQL dbase.

All my loot is stored in tables and all loot gets generated making calls to the tables.

It's working great so far and loot lies there on the ground at the same moment a creature dies.

I've tested this with a purposely broken OnEnter script that loops infinetly with X players fighting infinetly spawning mobs Smile The response time is visually instantaneous, the goal of quickly spawning loot is achieved and stress tested....

However the problem I am having is that there is a seperate bag for each piece of loot generated and I'm trying to figure out how to bundle this loot being created per OnDeath into one container / OnDeath call.

Can anyone assist me or point me in the right direction? I'm guessing I want to create an object at the location of the dying creature and then create the loot on that item instead of the location of the creature. But what item or method to do this is escaping me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The ultimate goal would be a corpse that is lootable with said loot.... I've set the mobs to leave a corpse but can't get the loot to be in the inventory of the corpse.
supasack

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured it out.... posted this while at work kind of impulsive, appologies.

I got it sorted out with CreateItemOnObject and set my corpses to be lootable and all works well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: