logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letoscript - Edit Inventory?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baaleos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 17:50    Post subject: Letoscript - Edit Inventory? Reply with quote

Can Letoscript, or anyother nwnx plugin, edit a character bic's inventory?

I have had success in the past, with integrating my Forums with my PW.

Eg - through use of php/cronjobs and posting to mysql, and nwn reading from mysql.

I was wondering if it would be possible, to use this same premiss, to trigger letoscript edits, on an offline character bic, to initiate item transfers.

Eg - An Offline Item Trade Center.

Eg - Players put items up for sale in the game <*1> and then the item appears on the website, with details about its properties etc. Then a player agrees to purchase it, or trade, and then the trade is done via letoscript or something.

Note - the <*1> tag marks where it just flew into my head, that I could just store the object as StoreCampaignObject(), and then retrieve the object onto the prospective buyer, Next time they log in.

Lol

But, still... interested in whether Letoscript can do this.

Actually, does anyone know, WHERE a full, or semi full list of Letoscropt/gff headers exists?

I'd love to know EXACTLY what can and cannot be done with Letoscript.

So far, I only use it for Feats, Ability Bonuses, and Skill Bonuses.
Also have a Primed SetAge Function, but never used it yet.
Zebranky

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than doing that with bic edits, I'd just take the item away when the PC puts it up for auction, store it in the DB, let people bid on it, then give it to the appropriate person and take the gold the next time they log in.

Simpler code and much less risk of bic corruption.

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
Baaleos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 18:41    Post subject: I hear ya Reply with quote

That's actually the method that flew into my head at the <*1> tag. Although letoscript information would still be useful to know.
Zebranky

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hey. Your post was so long I didn't quite get that far. Wink

Well, the best way to find whatever GFF field you care about is actually looking in the GFF (whether with BioWare's GFFEditor or something else). I think inventory is stored in ItemList and EquipItemList, but I'm not sure the elements are proper item GFFs (could be, though).

As far as Letoscript specifically, the one time I looked at it I vowed never to touch it again. Sorry I can't be of more help in that regard...

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
Fireboar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, item GFFs are stored on the PC in their entirety, and I have in the past used leto to manually edit a variable on an item held by a certain PC.
Baaleos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 17:32    Post subject: cool Reply with quote

Hey Guys
Thanks for the replys.

Y' guys need a fruit basket or something for the amount of help ya give the community. Both with development of plugins and script input.

Same goes for everyone who has got a plugin up here.

(Notice the subtle encouragement for you all to continue making nwnx plugins. Lol - Preferably Windows)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: