logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot Edit Default Modules

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellgeist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:05    Post subject: Cannot Edit Default Modules Reply with quote

When I load any of the default modules into the construction set, I get the error:

Quote:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an Invocation -->System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

This is followed by a list of exceptions (stack). If I hit ok and then try to look at the Area anyway, I get another instance of the error and then just a black wireframe view with no textures of anything. If I save the module in this state and run it, everything is gone, the character is just standing there in an abyss.

This happens with all the default modules.

Now.. my install went fine - I can start the server, log in, load a module, and play them. I tested the timer, etc. everything works... but I can't edit anything to adapt these to my own use.

So my question is - were these modules sealed so we couldn't use them as starting points for our own content? If so, is there a guide anywhere that might tell me how to start a PW module?

Thanks!
Zebranky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe so, sounds like it might be an issue with your system. Paste the full stack trace here? It might hold some clues.

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: