logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help this Noob plz

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meesterslager

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 18:53    Post subject: Help this Noob plz Reply with quote

I am new to the PW thing and nwnx, so i need some help in learning it.

My first trouble seem to be.

How do I change the default 5121 port to the serverport 8888?

Second, I saw some download on bioware forum from obs called dedicatedservercreator.exe but it doesnt say what who where how. so what is it how does it work and do i need it?

thanks in advance.

Meesterslager
TroveLord

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 20:13    Post subject: Re: Help this Noob plz Reply with quote

Meesterslager wrote:
How do I change the default 5121 port to the serverport 8888?

In the nwnx.ini file find the string parameters and append -port 8888 at the end.

Meesterslager wrote:
I saw some download on bioware forum from obs called dedicatedservercreator.exe but it doesnt say what who where how. so what is it how does it work and do i need it?

It's a tool to copy the files required for a server without having the game installed on the server running the module. Althought there are a few bugs, mostly regarding MotB expansion. You just need to run it and it will create a folder with the files you need.
Meesterslager

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

That didnt work.

After hours of puzzling (my routers manual sucked 2)

GOT IT WORKING Very Happy

Putted server in DMZ and it works now. only downside its open for any hackers. but my routers manual is incorrect and i cant make a vitual server at the ports that nwn2 need to run.

Next question, as far as i can see, i can run muliple vitual servers on 1 physical server, correct?

What do i need to run a decent pw with 30 people without lagging/crashing a lot?

Upload speed
download speed
Processor
Memory
osx
Anything else?

Kind Regrets

Meesterslager
TroveLord

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesterslager wrote:
What do i need to run a decent pw with 30 people without lagging/crashing a lot?

A fast upstream connection, a fast hard disk (say 10000 rpm) and possibly a OS without too many programs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: