logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need some information on how NWNX works in Windows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asparius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:03    Post subject: Need some information on how NWNX works in Windows Reply with quote

Hi again.

I wonder if putting much of local variables on GetModule() object would cause NWNX to work less eficient. The problem is, that if NWNX variable is created late in the game - then access time to this variable is quite large (on my machine with 50 thousands of local vars - about 2 miliseconds).

Now, if NWNX prevents those values from being read / written it shouldn't be a problem. Judging by my expieriments results (see topic on Bioware forum for details), it isn't so good.

I want to ask:

- Is GetLocalString hooked? Or only SetLocalString?
- When NWNX have to transfer data to nwserver, can it use any local variables? Or does it have to use one pre-defined (like NWNX!ODBC!SPACER)

I think I know the answers, though I don't have knowledge to check it - so can anyone confirm (or contradict) my suspicions?

As always , I'd be grateful for any answer .
addicted2rpg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

The default NWNX without plugins only hooks SetLocalString, and it has to be in the NWNX! format.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: