logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX and Ubuntu help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr_Mom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:20    Post subject: NWNX and Ubuntu help Reply with quote

Hello,

I seem to be having problems getting our module and NWNX working. I can get the module to load manually but of course I get a bunch of heartbeat script errors.

We are using MySQL. I created a db and filled out the nwnX2.ini but it never creates any tables there. i am assuming because I am not getting nwnx to run in the first place.

When I try to run nwnstartup I get the following:

pschaller@AllSpark:~/nwn$ ./nwnstartup
bash: ./nwnstartup: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
pschaller@AllSpark:~/nwn$

Anyone who can help I would greatly appreciate it. I have limited time to get this up for the people so I am kind of desperate.

If anyone needs more info on this let me know.

Thank you.
Mr_Mom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

well since no one could help on that question (poor question maybe) I am now past that and now onto this error

FUNCTIONS plugin Registerred.
[HASHSET] SetDebugLevel(0) called. Current value=0
HASHSET plugin Registerred.
ERROR: dlopen: ./nwnx_odbc.so: ./nwnx_odbc.so: undefined symbol: mysql_error
* NWNX2 activated.

I have recompiled, and make, and etc etc.... I made sure I had gtk++, gcc

Hints? IDeas?? Where else to look??

Anything is appreciated.

Thank you,

--Patrick
william_hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't want to create the tables manually, you can always start up the server using the demo module that comes with NWNx/APS and use the tools they have set up there to establish the tables in your database. Its simple and fast that way, and best of all, someone else did the bulk of the work.
Fireboar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

That didn't really answer the question - the question was how to solve the error. In fact, our PW utilizes this plugin far more than most - we don't use the pwdata or pwobjdata tables at all, but a myraid of unique tables which are specially tailored to our purposes. Nor do we use the SetPersistantVariable functions. And someone has already done all the work (me). Thanks for the input anyway though.

For those who follow, let me enlighten you on how we solved the error in the first post. For some reason, nwnstartup.sh had the ^M control character inserted onto the end of every line. The simple fix was to open it in a command line text editor that shows such characters, such as vi, and delete them.

The second error has also been fixed, but I was asleep at the time and have no idea how. Well done Mr_Mom! Very Happy
Fireboar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... it turns out that the second error hasn't been solved at all. It looks like something's going wrong when we're compiling - testing on the precompiled source shows that the libraries are a different version on ours. Unfortunately the old ones are nowhere to be found.

Is it possible for you to compile the plugin for use with version 15 of the mysql libraries, and version 6 of the C++ libraries? I'm giving the source code a thorough look at, but I'm not too good at C++ myself.

Edit: We're fine. Turns out our Makefile.in was a bit faulty. The simple things, eh?
william_hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fireboar wrote:
That didn't really answer the question - the question was how to solve the error. In fact, our PW utilizes this plugin far more than most - we don't use the pwdata or pwobjdata tables at all, but a myraid of unique tables which are specially tailored to our purposes. Nor do we use the SetPersistantVariable functions. And someone has already done all the work (me). Thanks for the input anyway though.

My bad, but to my defense, nothing in the original post indicated anything about the table setups you have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: