logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX Fixes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Great Archmage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if this is out of beta yet? I'm thinking of using it but I don't want to introduce any new bugs to my module.
virusman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not beta.
Great Archmage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having trouble getting stackable items to auto-stack from a default store with infinite supplies of the items. Is this a side effect of this plugin? Any additional information you can give would be helpful.

Players are spamming us with stacking bug reports and we can't find any variables we are adding that would cause this.

This has helped fix serveral game exploits and I would hate to have to roll back.
acaos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can players manually stack the items after they purchase them?

Acaos
Great Archmage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

acaos wrote:
Can players manually stack the items after they purchase them?

Acaos

yes
Great Archmage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have discovered a local integer that we missed in our search so far in the onaquire script. This may be our problem. I'll post an update.
virusman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWNX Fixes 1.0.5 (Linux/Windows)

- The plugin is now configurable - an example ini file has been added
- New tweak: ability to set negative HP limit

http://data.virusman.ru/nwn/nwnx_fixes-1.0.5-linux.rar
http://data.virusman.ru/nwn/nwnx_fixes-1.0.5-win32.rar
Zebranky

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some cool new (though not fully tested) features in SVN (Win32 only for now):
- Fixed a null deref crashbug in CNWSCreature::SpawnInHeartbeatPerception() (sometimes triggered by ActivatePortal() with a waypoint tag)
- Added healkit_disease and healkit_poison options to make healing kits not heal disease/poison
- Added compare_vars_ignore_prefix (thanks to the Arelith guys) to allow ignoring var names beginning with a certain string for stacking purposes.

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
Waher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

But a curiosity-question as well, is there a reason you don't supply *.ini files at http://mercuric.net/nwn/nwnx/ for such latest versions? (and is the latest _fixes available there at all?)

It's really difficult to use a plugin and not have any commented examples of configuration settings for the plugins. Sure I could start going through source code to get answers, but that's kinda an overkill Smile

I assume compare_vars_ignore_prefix is a variable name in the ini and it accepts a string? Anything else I should know?
Zebranky

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated that page. As for .inis... I tend to assume anyone getting plugins from me (or SVN) will read the source for it. Documentation is for release time. Wink (FWIW, the .ini reading code has all been moved to CNWNXFixes::OnCreate(), so there's one place to see all the options and their default values.)

You're right on compare_vars_ignore_prefix... assuming that GetPrivateProfileString() behaves sanely. Smile

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, when you already messed with ability decrease cap, would be possible to change lowest ability value from 3 to 0 for example? That would be so cool Smile.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: ok downloaded version from the Zebranky signature and it does not crashes. So it was some old version I had. (1.0.5.0, 264kb, 4/11/09)

just set the compare_vars to 1 and server always crashed at startup

Windows XP 32bit, almost every other plugins, the fixes are latest Zebranky's build

OK tried without any other plugin, still crashes, also its not module related, I tried to load Chapter1, same crash...

ini setting:
Code:
copy_vars = 0    ; Copy local variables on stack split and on store transaction,
                 ; fire OnDisturbed when you merge a stack from a placeable
compare_vars = 1 ; If set to 1, items with different local vars don't stack
keep_hidden_in_conversation = 1  ; If set to 1, creatures don't unhide when they start a conversation
hp_limit = -10   ; Negative HP limit - values up to -127 are allowed

;hide_charlist_all = 0              # Hide the whole online characters list on login (appears empty)
;hide_charlist_levels = 0           # Hide the class(es) (displays nothing instead of class list)
;hide_charlist_portraits = 0        # Hide the portrait (shows default male/female portrait)
hide_charlist_dms = 0        # Should be self-explanatory
cap_ability_inc = 12
cap_atkbonus_inc = 20
cap_skill_inc = 50
cap_ability_dec = 30
cap_atkbonus_dec = 60
cap_skill_dec = 50
portalcrash = 1
spelluses_fix = 1
healkit_poison = 1
healkit_disease = 1

I tried keep_hidden_in_conversation = 0 and copy_vars = 1 but still crashes.
dsabrae

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaDoOoW wrote:
EDIT: ok downloaded version from the Zebranky signature and it does not crashes. So it was some old version I had. (1.0.5.0, 264kb, 4/11/09)

just set the compare_vars to 1 and server always crashed at startup

Windows XP 32bit, almost every other plugins, the fixes are latest Zebranky's build

OK tried without any other plugin, still crashes, also its not module related, I tried to load Chapter1, same crash...

ini setting:
Code:
copy_vars = 0    ; Copy local variables on stack split and on store transaction,
                 ; fire OnDisturbed when you merge a stack from a placeable
compare_vars = 1 ; If set to 1, items with different local vars don't stack
keep_hidden_in_conversation = 1  ; If set to 1, creatures don't unhide when they start a conversation
hp_limit = -10   ; Negative HP limit - values up to -127 are allowed

;hide_charlist_all = 0              # Hide the whole online characters list on login (appears empty)
;hide_charlist_levels = 0           # Hide the class(es) (displays nothing instead of class list)
;hide_charlist_portraits = 0        # Hide the portrait (shows default male/female portrait)
hide_charlist_dms = 0        # Should be self-explanatory
cap_ability_inc = 12
cap_atkbonus_inc = 20
cap_skill_inc = 50
cap_ability_dec = 30
cap_atkbonus_dec = 60
cap_skill_dec = 50
portalcrash = 1
spelluses_fix = 1
healkit_poison = 1
healkit_disease = 1

I tried keep_hidden_in_conversation = 0 and copy_vars = 1 but still crashes.

is there any documentation as to some of these options? I would love to have skill caps and max bonus's and have went to great trouble scripting solutions like these but if a plugin lets us that is pure awesomesauce.
Greyfort

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading and looking at read me i noticed I cant accsess the sample ini file did i do something wrong/ or am I laking some program?

Win32 SVN builds: http://www.mercuric.net/nwn/nwnx/
I downloaded the .dlls from this link and noticed some were smaller in size then what i had others were larger. What is the difrence between the svn builds and the nwnx through the down load page does the file size mean you added to some like odbc was larger while functions was smaller. What I realy need to know on top of why can I view the ini file...is there a page or links to newest nwnx stuff and link to svn builds meaning 2 seport versions?

forgive me im a little bit foggy minded should probly goto bed or get some rest
dsabrae

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:21    Post subject: So after rereading this thread Reply with quote

Apparently instructions are for release only but this is not a beta and somewhere in the source is something that lists the available switches for the .ini as the sample only seems to list a small handful.

Confused

Jump in at any time and correct me if i'm wrong here heh. I mean a response of RTFM is fine and all when its not in source for us non coders!

I will go as far as to say if someone is kind enough to instruct me how to locate the information in the source ill be happy to write a little... 1 is on 0 is off kinda thing for each switch.

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: