logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just a question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Extreme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:35    Post subject: Just a question Reply with quote

http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1082&start=30

Looking at the thead above and the Get/SetEventHandler, does this set scripts to the script events in areas? I have never actually known what this does. Sorry if this is obvious to some Embarassed

I started a new thread so as to not clutter the wishlists
acaos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get/SetCreatureEventHandler sets creature event scripts (e.g. On Damaged, On Attacked, and so on).

It would certainly be possible to have SetPlaceableEventHandler and SetAreaEventHandler and so on as well.

There's also SetEventHandler which is part of the nwnx_events plugin and sets those event handlers, which are different from the in-game ones.

Acaos
Extreme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am revisiting this after coming in contact with a potential issue.

I wanted to make an area and store creatures in it for use with my random encounter script. I place them and when the time comes they are pulled for use and spawned in thru CopyObject. I was asking about this on BW and it was expressed that this would not be a good thing for it could create lag with all those Heartbeats firing. My goal is to keep resources low and not to hit that limit that exists, so i have the thought to use the Functions are mentioned in this thread in order to set the heartbeat script on the creature when they are spawned (copied) into the area

More info is in this BW thread

would this be a good use for this?
Extreme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will just continue to use this thread as it all spawned from this concept.

Can i get some more information about putting creatures in limbo that was mentioned here

Quote:
Posted 11/06/08 22:35 (GMT) by virusman

If you need to keep the creatures in game, you can move them to Limbo (with NWNX Functions) and set the AI level to the lowest value.

Would this be better then going about just placing the event script in them thru the function we are discussing in this thread?

I found the function that is already in my module, but seeing it as an int kinda throws me off a little. And Is there a GetCreatureInLimbo type function? I am not sure how i would isolate a creature that is in limbo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: