logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reset plugin not killing my nwserver instance?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
william_hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:09    Post subject: Reset plugin not killing my nwserver instance? Reply with quote

OK, I have pretty much proven to myself that the reset command is not killing the server so it can restart properly. It shuts it down, and the server reloads, but does not load up the module. Once I issue a kill command, the server goes down and immediately comes back up, this time loading the module. I am confused by this.

Here is the script I use to load nwnx2.so and nwserver

Quote:

#!/bin/bash
while [ true ]
do
LD_PRELOAD=./nwnx.so ./nwnserver (stuff)
sleep 5
done

I need to get this figured soon, because I am off on vacation soon and need to make sure my head DM has the ability to reset the server if necessary. Anybody have a thought on this?
virusman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:24    Post subject: Re: Reset plugin not killing my nwserver instance? Reply with quote

Do not preload nwserver.
I've corrected some things in your script:
Quote:

#!/bin/bash
while [ true ]
do
LD_PRELOAD=./nwnx2.so
./nwserver (stuff)
sleep 5
done
unset LD_PRELOAD
william_hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this and it does not load NWNx for whatever reason. THe server reloads quite nicely though.

Forgive my fumblings, I am a long time Windows user who just installed Ubuntu and is learning as I go.
virusman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to replace "LD_PRELOAD=./nwnx2.so" with "export LD_PRELOAD=./nwnx2.so". I doubt that this will make a difference, though.
atika

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 18:22    Post subject: Segment fault on Sleep? Reply with quote

virusman wrote:
Try to replace "LD_PRELOAD=./nwnx2.so" with "export LD_PRELOAD=./nwnx2.so". I doubt that this will make a difference, though.

For reasons I have no clue of, if I don't use export first, it will not load the rest of the plugins. I'm assuming YMMV.

The thing I'm wondering about is why I'm getting a segment fault on the sleep line. If I'm reading my screen right, sleep and the NWNX2lib: Init are stepping on each others toes. It crashes creating a core dump and then it restarts just fine. I wouldn't have even noticed if I hadn't seen the bomb. Smile
william_hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i've since discovered is that if i go into the system monitor and right click then kill the server instance, it fires right back up as it should. does this help?
william_hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which led me to look at permissions of the files, and lo and behold...they were not correct. Suddenly, everything starts back up nicely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: