logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

x64 for NWN & NWN2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arvirago

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 13:37    Post subject: x64 for NWN & NWN2 Reply with quote

Now that we have both a NWN module and a NWN2 module we have to change our previous server (Debian) to a Windows.
We have rented a Windows 2003 Server x64 to do our tests for migration and, of course, we've found trouble with the MadcHook.dll for 32 bits.
No log for NWNX.exe and no access to our database.

¿Is there any news on this issue?

¿Is it a problem only with NWNX2 (for our NWN module) or also with NWNX4 (for our NWN2 module)?
I saw that NWNX4 comes with a newer MadcHook.dll but it won't work for NWNX2, obviously.

¿Can we have access to the madchook.dll beta version for 64 bits?

¿Can we run it somehow as a 32 bits emulation? If so, should I change MySQL server 5 64bits to the 32 bits version?
I tried calling nwnx2.exe with compatibility mode for WinXP, WinNT or Win98 to no use.

¿Or do we have to forget about x64 servers for NWN2 at all? It's getting harder to hire 32bits server with good specs and enough RAM and bandwith, at least here in Spain.
Thanks for any help,

Arvirago
Reino de Aldor
serafim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too, i'm interested :

http://nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=537

any news?
Darnah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadcHook.dll doesn't work for x64 systems, as frequently discussed in the nwnx4 forum.

The thread posted one answer over this is closely the solution for nwnx4. It is in development, but all tests are successfully so far.
asterus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:44    Post subject: NWNX2 will have updates? Reply with quote

Will be updates to NWNX2 so that it can support Win x64, access to MySQL5 and run tools like profiler normally?

Dan Lake
virusman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:02    Post subject: Re: NWNX2 will have updates? Reply with quote

asterus wrote:
Will be updates to NWNX2 so that it can support Win x64, access to MySQL5 and run tools like profiler normally?
Currently it's not in the plans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: