logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 questions: locations, and crashing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brockfanning

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 21:43    Post subject: 2 questions: locations, and crashing Reply with quote

Hello, I could use some help with 2 unrelated things:

1. After installing 1.08 I'm getting this error:
Quote:
! SQL Error: Data too long for column 'val' at row 1.

whenever I try to set a persistent location. Did the minimum column size change? If so, any recommendations on what it should be set to?

2. I've found that when I launch NWNX4, very often the nwn2server crashes almost immediately, and it usually takes several restarts before it successfully loads the module. Sometimes, though, it starts on the first time... Does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem?

Thanks for any help!
Gryphyn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:09    Post subject: Re: 2 questions: locations, and crashing Reply with quote

brockfanning wrote:
Hello, I could use some help with 2 unrelated things:

1. After installing 1.08 I'm getting this error:
Quote:
! SQL Error: Data too long for column 'val' at row 1.

whenever I try to set a persistent location. Did the minimum column size change? If so, any recommendations on what it should be set to?

2. I've found that when I launch NWNX4, very often the nwn2server crashes almost immediately, and it usually takes several restarts before it successfully loads the module. Sometimes, though, it starts on the first time... Does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem?

Thanks for any help!

Yes, there is a database update you need to apply when upgrading.
Locations upgrading

Cheers
Gryphyn
brockfanning

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think we are ok there: we were already using 1.07 so all our persistent locations are set with the shorter values.

I think I see the problem: the "nwnx_sql" script that is bundled with version 1.08 uses the old method of longer location values. I had imported the new .erf and overwritten everything in case there were any changes to the code. I'm going to try reimporting the 1.07 version of "nwnx_sql" and see if that works.
brockfanning

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

brockfanning wrote:
Actually I think we are ok there: we were already using 1.07 so all our persistent locations are set with the shorter values.

I think I see the problem: the "nwnx_sql" script that is bundled with version 1.08 uses the old method of longer location values. I had imported the new .erf and overwritten everything in case there were any changes to the code. I'm going to try reimporting the 1.07 version of "nwnx_sql" and see if that works.

Well, that didn't work so well: I guess the 1.07 version of "nwnx_sql" is not compatible with 1.08 (database wasn't even accessed). So I tried just copying the location/vector functions from the 1.07 version into the 1.08 version. That seems to be working ok: database is being accessed as usual, and locations are now being set successfully when using 1.08.
nosfe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

please define the good last name (short or large) ????

nwnx4 106(large)-->107(short)
107(short)-->108(large)

What is it the last good please ^^
brockfanning

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as our database goes, the 1.07 "short" version of storing locations works, but the 1.08 "long" version doesn't work. Our columns are set at 128 characters, so maybe that's not big enough?

Anyway, moving the 1.07 "short" location/vector functions into the 1.08 "nwnx_sql" script did the trick for me.
nosfe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should impose a standard for the format of the localization.
They will be simpler long-term
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll fix it in the next release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: