logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX4 system Reset

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PNJ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:01    Post subject: NWNX4 system Reset Reply with quote

Hello

I m running two instance of NWNX4 with twos nwn2 servers.

When i send the reset command through one module, it shutdown the wrong one.

Is there a way to specify on wich NWNX4 instance to run the reset command ?
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the reset plugin ? You should contact the author with this question, just send him a PM, please.
Timidon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 22:32    Post subject: Restart Plugin Reply with quote

Who is the Author? nothinging in his readme file on the docs would love to PM him. He's got my answers to my problem!... Smile
Timidon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 0:28    Post subject: The Author Reply with quote

Alright found the author ... yuppy.
Xildjian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

What server reset plugin are you using?

This one: http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=89

I'd be interested in one for nwnx4.

Looking through the forums it looks like someone was trying to recompile this for nwnx4 any success on that?

Oh, Hi everyone!

Last edited by Xildjian on Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:46; edited 1 time in total
Timidon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:52    Post subject: Server Plug in Reply with quote

Home > Downlaods > Contributions > kungfoowiz

with the heading of NWNX4/System Version 0.0.0.5 [NWNX4 Version 1.08+]

This is the current version 0.5 I believe:

http://www.nwnx.org/index.php?id=65

I have had limited success, though I think I got some .DLL issues from microsoft. On my home machine, of which I do scripting, coding and modding,I have a number of different compilers installed, the plug in works fine. On the server its just a slave machine for the most part, it does not have these. I have had a issue trying to install the .dll's in hopes that that would catch Kung's code. Still trying to solve the puzzel. On my machine works as it should go figure.

That comes to another question. This one is for Kungfoowiz would it be possible to get a fetch from NWNx4 that your plug in is succesfully installed. Something I can call from the NWN2 script? This way I can add a few more contengences to my server reseting scripts.

Keep on plug'n away (pun entended) and thanks for your work.

Later - Timidon.
Xildjian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome thanks!
kungfoowiz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way to do that would probably be to do something like this:

Code:

#include "nwnx_include"

void main( ){

if( NWNXGetPluginSubClass( "PLUGIN_CLASS" ) == "PLUGIN_CLASS" )
        SendMessageToPC( GetFirstPC( ), "PLUGIN_CLASS is loaded." );

}

This assumes that your class and subclass are identical in the plugin. Insert whatever your plugin name is in place of PLUGIN_CLASS. Remember to #include "nwnx_include" as this is where the function NWNXGetPluginSubClass is defined.
MobiuSRIT

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 23:04    Post subject: Re: Server Plug in Reply with quote

Timidon wrote:

I have had limited success, though I think I got some .DLL issues from microsoft. On my home machine, of which I do scripting, coding and modding,I have a number of different compilers installed, the plug in works fine. On the server its just a slave machine for the most part, it does not have these. I have had a issue trying to install the .dll's in hopes that that would catch Kung's code. Still trying to solve the puzzel. On my machine works as it should go figure.

That comes to another question. This one is for Kungfoowiz would it be possible to get a fetch from NWNx4 that your plug in is succesfully installed. Something I can call from the NWN2 script? This way I can add a few more contengences to my server reseting scripts.

Later - Timidon.

Any update on which DLLs may or may not be necessary for KungFooWiz nwnx_system plugin? I ask because ResetServer() does NOTHING on my server. Anyone have success and can direct me to an answer?

Windows Server 2000 is my OS (SP4).
Semley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I've been working with this plugin for a while now and I can't get it to work with the latest MotB version. The test mod that ships with it doesn't work - it boots all PCs alright, but doesn't reset the server.

Also, I was taking a look at the code that ships in the zip... am I missing something or if cpuid in xp_system.ini is set to 0, then the handle to the NWN process never gets allocated, so will never get shut down?

I'm hoping we can get this sorted out soon.. I'm thinking of taking this into work and having a go at compiling up a new version there, but I'm betting it'd be more reliable if the original author had a look first.
Xildjian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:38    Post subject: Re: Server Plug in Reply with quote

MobiuSRIT wrote:
Timidon wrote:

Later - Timidon.

Any update on which DLLs may or may not be necessary for KungFooWiz nwnx_system plugin? I ask because ResetServer() does NOTHING on my server. Anyone have success and can direct me to an answer?

Windows Server 2000 is my OS (SP4).

I haven't tried this, but maybe all you need is:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
xaltos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some bigger problems to get the xp_system work and invested the last hours for some heavy debug work.

Here are the problems that I found:

Problem 1:
The reset function works just with a cpuid != 0 inside of the INI file.
Some init work is skipped that is necessary for it.

(@Semley: thanks for the hint Smile )

Problem 2:
The INI file must be placed inside of the NWN2 folder and isn't found inside of a unique NWNx4 folder.
The code is using a relative path, so this is maybe a side effect of an other plugin.

The bad thing is, there is no clear error message and the program is using a default cpuid value of 0. And this leads direct to problem 1 *g*

Problem 3:
I have used the reset function inside of a Dialog and this has a ugly side effect. The default scipt boots all player and then resets the server with a Delay Command.
Inside of a Dialog is OBJECT_SELF the player and the Delay Command never get executed , because after the Boot is OBJECT_SELF invalid.

Now all works well with two instance of NWNX4 with twos nwn2 MOTB servers Smile

NWN2_Audolo
kungfoowiz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Xaltos
Excellent work! I'll make sure that these issues are resolved soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: