logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issue Connecting to my Server

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:31    Post subject: Issue Connecting to my Server Reply with quote

I went through the setup procedure on this site and have the server up and running with no errors. I then loaded NWN2 and located my server within the list and after trying to connect it timeout. The server details are showing my external IP under the IP address but the server screen is using my internal IP. I am guessing this is why I am unable to connect but how do I correct this? Any help would be useful. Thanks.

-Moac-
Moac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 15:57    Post subject: Anybody? Reply with quote

Ok, I guess I will try and expalin what's going on a little better in case my original post isn't clear.

How are we to connect to our server once it's up and running? Are we to choose it from the list of servers in the Internet game section in NWN2 or are we suppose to connect to the server by choosing the direct IP connection? How are others suppose to join the server as well?

As of right now the server is running on the same PC that I am using to connect with. As stated above the NWNX server screen is showing my internal IP address as the server address and through port 5121. When i look at the server deatails with the Internet Game section in NWN2 then the IP address is showing my external IP address which is not the same as the one the nwnx server is showing.

Hopefully this is clearer then my original post. I am hoping one of you gurus will be able to set me in the right direction. Thanks.
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand you correctly, this depends on your router. With my old Linksys G, I could connect normally via the internet, either by selecting or direct connect, or by joining a LAN (local area network) game (yes, even thought it's on the same computer). With my newere Belkin Pre-N router, it doesn't like me connecting via the internet option, and times me out, but I can connect just fine via the LAN option. Other people still connect over the internet without problems (as long as DMZ or port fowarding is set up).
HTH,
Funky
Moac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 0:52    Post subject: Port Forwarding Reply with quote

Well, I did get this to work. My current router is much different then my other one and the way you need to open ports is much different. Thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: