logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Automatic Restarting Server Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shargast

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 22:05    Post subject: Automatic Restarting Server Questions Reply with quote

Greetings

I'm using currently NWNX2 and I'm very pleased with this system. It has provided a stable environment for my server for over 3 years.

I have 2 questions that perhaps someone can help me with:

1. If I have the Gamespy Watchdog enabled from the get go the server does not load and if the baby crashes it does not reload. Where could the problem lay here. I have no virus programme running while the NWNx2 is in operation , otherwise only standard Laughing windows XP programmes are running in the background.

2. Is there a way to automatically shut down NWNX2 on a regular schedule and then, thereafter in sequence the NWServer? I would then like to restart NWNX2 (NWServer is then started thereafter automatically, as per normal).

I once saw on the legends of cormyr a server message, "Server is shutting down in 15 minutes"- "10 minutes" - "5 Minutes" etc.... Saving all characters-....Server is rebooting". I've never figured this one out, perhaps someone has an answer for me?

Or are there 3rd Party programme management systems out there that are realitively easy to install and configure?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best
Shargast
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Does the server load without the gamespy watchdog ? If that is the case, you might want to try to relax the gamespy settings a bit (UpdateIntervalGamespy and GamespyRetries).

2) Here is a discussion on the subject: http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=89. Somewhere on page 3, there is a link to nwvault and following that, some information on how to set it up.
Shargast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 20:24    Post subject: server reloading Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply!

In answer to the first part of your message, no the server will not load when Gamespy watchdog is activated. I always activated it after the server was running.

Appreciate the link and the help with my second question!

Invaluable as usual!!! Most of the time I can get my answers from jsut reading your forums! Great work and fanastic support!!

Best
Sai Razz
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 0:47    Post subject: Re: server reloading Reply with quote

Shargast wrote:
In answer to the first part of your message, no the server will not load when Gamespy watchdog is activated. I always activated it after the server was running.

But, if the gamespy watchdog is NOT running, what happens then ? Does is it load normally ? If so, what happens if you increase the watchdog's parameters and start WITH it ?
Shargast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:15    Post subject: Gamespy Reply with quote

Hello!

If I enable gamespy watchdog and set the interval to 60 with retries at 5 the NWserver starts loading normally and after 11.02 minutes shuts down (normal load time is 22 minutes) and then starts to load again.

It does this in a neverending loop as long as GS-Wdog is enabled.

If I deactivate the baby (GS-Wdog) the server loads normally and runs pico bello. I usually activate the GS-Wdog after the server shows running log-in at will.

For the moment I'm not activating the GS-Wdog.

I hope that I've explained the problem thouroughly, if you nee further logs and of information to better understand my problem, pls don't hestitate to ask.

Best
Sai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Database related All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: