logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX ODBC2 object storage engine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blacksting wrote:
The odbc source is notably absent for the 2.60 release of the main program. This means it is still not possible to recompile the odbc plugin (for those of us outside the walls of NWNX official development land.) Was the lack of source intentional?

Yes, the lack of source is intentional. No, it is not because I want to annoy people Laughing.

I tend to release the source code to NWNX related stuff 1-2 two weeks after the binary release, to give it time to stabilize. Just yesterday, quite a bit in the code has been changed (nwnx.ini file support) and some cleanup has been done as well. That said, the source will released within the next 2 days.
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

ODBC2 version 0.91, with nwnx.ini file support and sourcecode released!
Manuel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papillon wrote:
ODBC2 version 0.91, with nwnx.ini file support and sourcecode released!

Now we're talking. Very Happy
crusaderky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Does this mean that the PRC will be able to write a PC Shifter that can turn 100% to the aspect of another PC, including head, skin colors, tattoos, voice and most importantly name, without obviously having to log out & in? Or that we will be able to write some code that changes a PC's name to "hooded figure" when he doesn't want to be recognized?
Primogenitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think so crusaderky, the object still has to be exposed to the StoreCampaignObject / RetrieveCampaignObject functions. So the main advantage to letoscript users is that the data won't have to touch the harddisk, which will make it much faster than it is now and much faster than any sort of database access. You'll still have to destroy game instances and boot players though.
Blacksting

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quirks of the Visual Studio environment are giving me a headache. Is there a reason why the new source for the odbc dll does not produce a dll (just objects)?
Trelantris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:17    Post subject: Re: connection issues Reply with quote

JeroenB wrote:
Trelantris wrote:
Ok, perhaps I'm not as smart as I though. Having issue using the new ODBC. I put in the new system, modified the INI files but don't seem to be having any luck connecting to the DB, even with the demo Module. I'm using MySQL as the back end Database, and after using the create DB sign, it says it's created, but no new table shows up in the DB. The store says it's working, but the retrieve returns 0 items. (with the Object storage) I know I'm missing something...

What type of connection did you use? If you are using the ODBC type connection I suggest you switch to the direct MySQL and fill in the right username, password and database name. Then it should work.
What version of MySQL do you use? It is written against the 4.1 version. So, if you've got a newer version this also might be the problem. Then you could try to download the latest ODBC driver and use that one instead of the direct connection.

I am using MySQL release 4.0.15 currently on my test system. I currently have both .INI files (Strait ODBC for MySQL, and ODBC for ODBC in my NWN root. they are both configured, and I have tried flopping one or the other out and just using one. My ODBC Driver is version is 3.51. Here is a list of all the NWNx Files in my NWN Root and their version information:
NWNX2.exe 2.5.4.0
nwnx_odbc.dll 0.8.9.0
nwnx-module.dll 2.5.4.0
madCHook.dll 2.1.5.0
madCodeHookLib.dll 1.3.0.11
nwnx.dll
nwnx_functions.dl
nwnx_odbc_for_odbc.ini
nwnx_odbc_for_mysql.ini
nwnx_profiler.dll
JeroenB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see one problem here. You should rename either one of those ini files to match nwnx_odbc.ini depending on the type of connection you want to use. Then fill in that file with values occording your setup of the database.
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trelantris, you should upgrade to the latest versions. Note that the db settings are stored in the nwnx.ini file since nwnx 2.60.
Trelantris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, will do, and will do!
Trelantris

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, ok, well, all is working, except that now when I do the Call to get the persistant object from the DB from the demo_mod, the server locks up. Any ideas? (strange, I can make tables, store variables, store objects, just not get em....)
NoMercy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several people, including me are having issues with the object retreval so I'd just be happy that in the fullness of time it will get sorted, works fine for the lucky ones though, or unlucky if your trying to track down the issue :)
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, it WILL get sorted out, once I get my hand on a machine where this problem is reproduceable....
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: 0.9.2.2 is linked against MySQL Version 4.1. The error message about the incompatible authentication scheme that some people had should now be solved.
isilweo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe you could use mine machine remotly. it crashes when i'm using retrieve second time. at first time it's ok. i've tested it in my other two computers and it works fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: