logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SQLite and Me

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Here_I_Stand

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:35    Post subject: SQLite and Me Reply with quote

Hm, where to start.

First - When using the internal SQLite databse with NWNX should there be a *.db file named as I intended in the NWNX.ini file located in the directory of my choosing?? I can't find one anywhere.

Second - When doing the APS Demo mod the variable side works but the object side fails on retrieval. It looks to be a loop issue but states "too many instructions"

Third - What would possible reasons be for it not generating any NWNX log files??

Fourth - This ties into the first one but with SQLite do I only have persistance as long as NWNX is running?

Fifth - Am I correct in understanding that with SQLite I do not need to install SQLite myself as it is bundled inside the ODBC files?

I have read and reread all documentation I can find including the WIKI site and these forums. I have also reinstalled everythign a couple of times. I am not sure what to do next. Some guidance or a simple link would do wonders. I am sorry for more then one question ina post I just figured they all tied together. Should I just switch over to MySQL, which I happen to be very familar with, or is SQLite the best way to go when pertaining to a relatively small PW, 10-30 players.

Thank you for anyone who can take the time to help me out.
Here_I_Stand

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as how dead these boards are I am not sure anyone will actually see this but oh well.
Code:

; NWNX2 configuration file
; These are the default values for NWNX2. Values specified on the command
; line take precedence.

[NWNX]
ServerPort = 5121
ModuleName = "aps_demo"
WatchdogProcess = yes
UpdateIntervalProcess = 5
WatchdogGamespy = no
UpdateIntervalGamespy = 20
GamespyRetries = 5
OldGamespyProtocol = no
RestartDelay = 5

[ODBC2]
; Log file
MaxLogSize = 512 ; in KByte
LogLevel = 2 ; 0=nothing, 1=only errors, 2=everything

; Use these two settings for the SQLite internal database
source = sqlite
file   = sqlite.db

; Use these two settings for ODBC connections
;source = odbc
;dsn    = nwn

; Use these five settings for MySQL connections
;source = mysql
;server = localhost
;user   = nwn
;pwd    = nwn
;db     = nwn

; Set hookscorco to false if you want to disable hooking of
; StoreCampaignObject and RetrieveCampaignObject entirely
hookscorco = true

[PROFILER]
MaxLogSize = 512 ; in KByte
LogLevel = 1 ; 1=overall statistics, 2=full script callstack

That is my NWNX.ini file for reference.

Also, in the APS Demo mod. I went into the scripts for it and in the Demo_Obj_Load there are two methods for retrieving an object. I switched it to the second one and viola no more error though it only retrieves the first item leading me to believe that what is happening is that SQL is never advancing past first item.. That would explain error with first m,ethod as it is done in a While loop and explain why the second works but only retrieves first item.

I am still baffeled at ho this is doing any of this when There is no *.db file anywhere to be found on my PC.
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 19:31    Post subject: Re: SQLite and Me Reply with quote

Here_I_Stand wrote:
Hm, where to start.

First - When using the internal SQLite databse with NWNX should there be a *.db file named as I intended in the NWNX.ini file located in the directory of my choosing?? I can't find one anywhere.

I'm not sure if other directories work, but if you only set a filename like in your ini file, it should create one in the NWN directory (where nwnx.ini is), i.e. sqlite.db in your case.

Here_I_Stand wrote:
Second - When doing the APS Demo mod the variable side works but the object side fails on retrieval. It looks to be a loop issue but states "too many instructions"

Hmm, that would be new... I haven't tried in a while, but it should work without the TMI error. Did you put a lot of items in the chest ?

Here_I_Stand wrote:
Third - What would possible reasons be for it not generating any NWNX log files??

The log files are placed in the folder that NWN puts it logfiles, i.e. logs.0, logs.1... depending on the number of servers running. Please confirm whether the log files are there.

Here_I_Stand wrote:
Fourth - This ties into the first one but with SQLite do I only have persistance as long as NWNX is running?

You mean the NWNX2.exe application (the one with the watchdogs) ? You can close it if you do not need the server restarting functionality, nwnx attaches itself to the server and runs indepently of the former.

Here_I_Stand wrote:
Fifth - Am I correct in understanding that with SQLite I do not need to install SQLite myself as it is bundled inside the ODBC files?

Exactly.

Here_I_Stand wrote:
I have read and reread all documentation I can find including the WIKI site and these forums. I have also reinstalled everythign a couple of times. I am not sure what to do next. Some guidance or a simple link would do wonders. I am sorry for more then one question ina post I just figured they all tied together. Should I just switch over to MySQL, which I happen to be very familar with, or is SQLite the best way to go when pertaining to a relatively small PW, 10-30 players.

That depends on what else you want to do with the database. If no other application than the server needs to access the database at the same time, you should be fine with SQLite.

Here_I_Stand wrote:
Thank you for anyone who can take the time to help me out.

You're welcome.
Here_I_Stand

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your time I unfortunately foundmy answer ina little overlooked fact...Sad I am running WinXp64 hence the madlib.dll does not work and I have not the time to look at it and compile it myself for 64bit. I will therefore just look into other options for now anyway.

Thanks for the time though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Database related All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: