logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yet another compile issue/question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 17:27    Post subject: Yet another compile issue/question Reply with quote

Ok so straight to it, basically i know what i need i just can't get it

I'm running the latest Debian linux distro (Netinst version). Now when compiling nwnx2 (Specifically the database plugin) it does the usual yapping on about not finding files that it needs

Now i know i need the Dev pack of MySQL. My question is, does the Dev pack have the actual mysql server and such included with it? (Like downloading the MySQL 5.0 server package, but with added dev stuff) or do i need to install both? This leads me to my next question, if i have to install both how do i get around which ever pack is installed second "erroring out" saying that a certain file it wants to install belongs to the other mysql package? I tried force overwriting it but that doesn't work

Oh and i'm relatively new to the workings on linux, i know my way around and such just don't know how to work stuff proficiently Smile

Cheers
virusman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/MySQL-5.0/mysql-standard-5.0.24a-linux-i686.tar.gz/from/pick
This package must contain everything you need (server, utils, libraries, includes, etc.).
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my debian box (sarge), it compiles with these mysql related packages:

Code:

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name           Version        Description
+++-==============-==============-============================================
ii  mysql-client   4.0.24-10sarge mysql database client binaries
ii  mysql-common   4.0.24-10sarge mysql database common files (e.g. /etc/mysql
ii  mysql-server   4.0.24-10sarge mysql database server binaries
ii  libmysqlclient12         4.0.24-10sarge2          mysql database client library
ii  libmysqlclient12-dev     4.0.24-10sarge2          mysql database development files

The package names vary with the version of mysql, so you might have to look around for the correct ones. The naming scheme is always the same, though.

No need to shop around for external downloads. apt-get does it.
Shadow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok cool, that looks like mysql 4.0? Hopefully theres a 5.0 version, i know i had to add "dotdeb" to my sources list to be able to get my hands on mysql 5.0 through apt

anyways i'll check it out tomorrow, will try through apt first cause i don't know what to do with tarbels Shocked

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: