logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mysql password causing problem?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuclearpolymer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 16:29    Post subject: mysql password causing problem? Reply with quote

I've been using NWNX2 for a few years, and all was well. I was always using MySQL with the root account and no password. I've since been convinced to increase security, and so changed MySQL (using version 4.1) so that the root account has an actual password. Now my game module is unable to connect to the database.

1. I changed the NWNX.ini file to include the password
[ODBC2]
hookscorco= true
db= nwn_results
pwd=nB#m32F
user=root
server= localhost
source= mysql
LogLevel= 2 ; 0=nothing, 1=only errors, 2=everything
MaxLogSize= 512 ; in KByte

2. I'm seeing errors in the nwn_odbc.txt like
!SQL Error: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password YES)

I am able to access MySQL using the root user and that password from the command line, and also from another application that uses a JDBC connection (DBVisualizer), and also from my own Java application. I'm sure I've typed in the right password string into NWNX.ini.

Please help---I'm totally puzzled and don't want to have to revert to using no MySQL password! Thanks!
nuclearpolymer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found out that all is well if I use a MySQL password with no punctuation in it. Does anyone know if there is a list of characters that NWN2 doesn't support for MySQL passwords? Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Database related All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: