logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ladder System

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NamesDontMatter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 22:50    Post subject: Ladder System Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to your forums.
I would like to create a PvP ladder system that can be viewed via php web page. I would also like to have this ladder be upgraded with character scores pvp kills deaths, and possibly even make up a KillDeath ratio for them. I would also like it to place them from first place to last. I was tld that this was the place to get the help for doing something like this. Furthermore I would like it to display characters stats when their not only on the module, but when their not on it as well. I asked some guys on Letoscript and they sent me over here so if you guys could assist me I would greatly appreciate it.

Here is the link to the Letoscript discussion on this subject.
http://weathersong.infopop.cc/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/9616039431/m/7261004253

thankyou
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea. What do you want to know ?
NamesDontMatter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

basically how do I implement it? I'm slowly learning scripting, and I was hoping you guys could help me with this one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm... how should I put this... I guess you will not find someone that creates the entire script for you here. If you have specific questions on how to use certain queries or how a certain data structure should be defined, this is the place to ask.

If you do not know how to script something like this, your best option would be to find a capable scripter for your world.
Moridin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello Papillon.

I am working with NamesDontMatter on this module. We really don't know where to go at the moment. I am sure we can gather the resources needed for this to work, we just do not know where to start.

Our best guess is that it works like this:

Scoreboard script in NWN assigns a temp variable for all players, and tracks kills, and deaths, and who they belong to

Some NWN script sends these variables to NWNX at a set interval or when a player logs off (to avoid lag), which then sends them to a PHP scoreboard script. This script adds these variable to the list posted of all characters scores.

I am sure we can gather most of the scripts, but we really have no clue how to make all the different programs and script work together. Somebody also mentioned NWNX using a mySQL database, and I have no idea what that is or how to set one up...or if it is even needed for that matter.

Any help you could give would be most appreciated, whether it is a link or anything. Thanks.
Xildjian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick brain storm:

What you want is a nwn script in the ondeath event that collects and records the information you want, and then sends it off to the database. I'm assuming the data you really want to store in the database are death and kill counters.

This should be a failrly quick process and not cause any lag. Then you can have the php script query the database and create a web page to show the scoreboard. If you have someone who knows php and database queries well you can get the database to do all the work for you.

I hope this helps.
Moridin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet, that is exactly what I needed to know. Some details lol. I think a friend of mine knows how to work with php so I will ask him. Maybe I can find the NWscript on the vault.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Database related All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: