logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX Speech plugin!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Balanor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:51    Post subject: One player not showing up... Reply with quote

Sorry...I'm back again. This is probably just an operator error, but I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on another problem I'm having.

Everything was working quite well, but for the last couple days, one (and just this one) person is not being 'picked up' by the Speech System. The Listener window doesn't show him logging in, regardless of whether he is the first or fifth person logging into the server. It also doesn't do any voice emotes for him. And it doesn't show any of his text in the Listener window or log it. All my other players still show up when they login and the voice emotes and conversation logging work for them. Any ideas how this is happening? Is it somehow possible for a player to bypass/disable this listener system? Will reinstalling the scripts do any good? I've already tried reinstalling WinCap with no luck.

And finally, I was wondering if this is the typical way for a conversation log to look. Is the text they typed supposed to show up twice like this?
15:17:43 TK Sigh_13 5120 Shannara_v30
goodbye for now
[Wed Jun 29 15:17:49] <Conv>Tyrsis - The Golden Chalice Flex Crowe: goodbye for now </Conv>
15:17:49 TK Darreal 5120 Shannara_v30
Fare well Flex
[Wed Jun 29 15:17:54] <Conv>Tyrsis - The Golden Chalice Talavor Kayras: Fare well Flex </Conv>

Sorry for being such a newbie at this...
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 18:45    Post subject: Duplicate Logging Reply with quote

The duplicate logging shouldn't happen... I'll look into that one.

Also, the PushSpeech function in 3.03b is nonfunctional... though nothing within the erf makes use of it. I'll release 3.04b to fix that soon.

As for your unseen player.... I can't explain that, unless that player is using one of those "prevent your isp from seeing what you do" kind of things. See what programs he is running, what os, and whether behind firewall, if so what type, etc. and let me know.

-Lanthar
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Balanor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 23:08    Post subject: Working now... Reply with quote

Sorry this reply took so long (4th of July extended vacation).

Well I'm not sure what happened, but my missing player is now showing up. The only strange thing is everyttime he connects it's now with a different port, always above 10000. I didn't ask about the OS and firewall since he's been showing up fine now since shortly after my post.

Thanks for your reply Lanthar. Sorry if I caused any unnecessary headaches with this.

If you can figure out anything on the duplicate server logging, I'd be grateful to hear about it. Also, when a PC speaks their language (like Elf or Gnome), what they actually said is showing up twice. Did I do something wrong with the script install which could be causing the problem?
AB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I try to run the Talus Speech Setup the Listening Box pops up for a second but then disappears.

None of the commands seem to work in the game.
Where should I start to look for problems?

EDIT: Okay scratch that.

I set my interface to 2 in the .ini because when I ran the .exe that was the correct number.
On a "well I'll try anything" I set it to 1 in the .ini which seemed to work.
SO either I misunderstood, or 0=1 and 2=1, or the two numbers just don't match up.
Shadow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

or now your listening on a lan or something?

Mine does the same as i've already posted, when listening to the net it pop's up then dies straight away then i set it to lan and it stays up and works

Stopped worrying aobut it though as i'm about a day away from buying myself a new router so everything will come through that lan connection as an added bonus Smile
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:24    Post subject: New version of Talus Speech System! Reply with quote

New version of Talus Speech System!

Release: 3.04b
Release Date: 08/10/2005
-color coded text in rich control (colors adjusted a bit)
-fixed window resize bug for eavesdrop window
-fixed PushSpeech function (nonfunctional in prior versions of dll).

http://lanthar.dyndsl.com/downloads/lds_talus_speech_304b_win.rar

-Lanthar
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:32    Post subject: Duplicate Logging Reply with quote

Balanor, look through the creature scripts for the onConversation nw_c2_default4 script, and nw_ch_default4 script. Look specifically for any WriteTimestampedLogEntry function calls in there, and try commenting them out.

-Lanthar
MacLir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /downloads/lds_talus_speech_304b_win.rar on this server.

I think that's an oops... Wink
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:54    Post subject: Doh! Reply with quote

Okay, try it now:) I forgot to set the permissions.

-Lanthar
Slynderdale

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 304b doesn't seem to work for me anymore, I have no idea why. I tried setting it to use the database but for some reason, it gave an error:

ERROR: unable to connect to database.

Yet NWNX is able to connect to it just fine. When that error emssage showed, Talus wouldn't even show any text or create any logs. Yet if I open Talus Listener.exe it seems to work with no problems. The plugin doesn't seem tow rok now even if I tell it to connect without using the database.
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you post your ini file and your nwnx_talus logs...?
Slynderdale

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lanthar D'Alton wrote:
can you post your ini file and your nwnx_talus logs...?

The Log:
Quote:

NWNX2 Talus Speech Listener Version 3.0b for Windows.
Copyright (C) 2003 Josh Dalton (Lanthar D'Alton) and Marc Paradise (Grinning Fool)
- Loading Verb Map
- Loaded 120 Verbs
- Launching Listener Thread.
- Launched Listener Thread.

The Ini File:
Quote:

[SPEECH]
Debug=0
Interface=1
AutoEmote=0
Log=1
Logfile=speech_logs.txt
UseDatabase=0
ShowSpeech=1
PrivateCTell=0
PrivateSTell=0

Its strange..if I delete the Ini file and start again anew it works but when I close the server and NWNX to restart it or if the server restarts, it doesn't work anymore. Also even with this, it only works half of the time.
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:43    Post subject: uhmmmm Reply with quote

I'm kinda clueless on that. Try downloading 3.03 and see if that still works? Available here: http://lanthar.dyndsl.com/downloads/lds_talus_speech_303b_win.rar
as opposed to the newest version Here:
http://lanthar.dyndsl.com/downloads/lds_talus_speech_304b_win.rar

one thing to note though is that it looks like it's failing to recognize your network interfaces, as your talus log should look more like this:

Code:

NWNX2 Talus Speech Listener Version 3.0b for Windows.
Copyright (C) 2003 Josh Dalton (Lanthar D'Alton) and Marc Paradise (Grinning Fool)
 - Loading Verb Map
 - Loaded 120 Verbs
 - Launching Listener Thread.
 - Launched Listener Thread.
 - 18:33:38 Using Interface: 3
 - 18:33:38 listening on Microsoft MAC Bridge Virtual NIC (Microsoft's Packet Scheduler)

- Hooked to Module: [Talus Speech Setup]

See if 1.03 still works (which would be odd since all I did was change a color and fix a window display bug)... then see about trying different interface numbers. Also note you need to be sending the initializing command in your own module load script.

Last edited by Lanthar D'Alton on Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:29; edited 1 time in total
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:28    Post subject: More info Reply with quote

Maybe I should ask extra questions. Have you been using the exe prior to this, or the plugin? If the plugin, what version?

Additionally, Use Database should be set to 0 unless you need the plugin to populate the database for use by some other plugin.

If you had been using the exe prior to this, you need to reimport the erf into your module and follow the instructions for setting it up as the speech setup module does. Try launching the speech test module and see if it works correctly. If so, your module scripts are likely missing something. If you have your own custom speech commands from before, back these up somewhere, and then reimport the updated erf.

Actually, back up your whole module just in case. Also note that 3.04 has DMFI 1.07 built in... You might want to import dmfi first, then import the speech system erf.

-Lanthar
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:32    Post subject: Error Unable to Connect to Database Reply with quote

So, I finally decided to go see why people see this error message... since DB support should still work fine...

I saw the error, and yet, all worked fine with speech...

Lo and behold, my if statement said

Code:

if(!m_Odbc.Connect())
      LogToFile("ERROR: unable to connect to database.");
      if(eavesdropdlg)
         eavesdropdlg->AddStringToWindow("ERROR: unable to connect to database.\n");
      else
      {
         LogToFile("Connected to database.");
         if(eavesdropdlg)
            eavesdropdlg->AddStringToWindow("Connected to database.\n");
      }

*banging head*

The database connection was fine. I was mistakenly reporting it as broken every time, although it was fine. Code should look like this:

Code:

if(!m_Odbc.Connect())
      {
         LogToFile("ERROR: unable to connect to database.");
         if(eavesdropdlg)
            eavesdropdlg->AddStringToWindow("ERROR: unable to connect to database.\n");
      }
      else
      {
         LogToFile("Connected to database.");
         if(eavesdropdlg)
            eavesdropdlg->AddStringToWindow("Connected to database.\n");
      }

darn missing {}s... Smile

I'll fix that in next release.

Oh, and Slynder... if you are still trying to get it working with 3.04, try it with the setup module I included, and with Use Database set to 0.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: