logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX Speech plugin!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimDandy

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's some cool stuff right there. Something else I'm having a hard time finding a script for is the <giveplayer wings> <giveplayer tails>. I know this can be done with Leto, but since these commands are there I assume you have a scripted way of applying them. Since I've searched high and low for such a script would you be able to share it, or mayhaps point me in the right direction (on this one, too)? Razz

Edit: I've found that much of this is answered over at Weathersong

Jim
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:49    Post subject: Wing and Tail stuff Reply with quote

My own solution to this predates nwnx_leto, and is not entirely reliable. Certain playernames and character names sometimes fail because of their punctuations. I'd recommend getting xildjian's thing working, or using nwnx_leto... if you do so, I'd not mind getting your solution.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shadow

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i have a problem. I'm using the latest version and the listener window crashes shortly after starting when its set to listen on my internet connection (Which is a ADSL PPPoE connection (the dial up style login on)). Its definetly connected when i start the server. But if i set it to listen on my network connection the window stays open but it doesn't catch my text, obviously that is pointless. The thing is i can manually launch the listener window (the dos prompt one) and select my net and it works fine, just the fact that i hate the dos prompt window one (cause you can't scroll back if people are talking). NWNx2 works fine and i have MySQL setup (pure mysql connection, not through obdc)

Any ideas? Cause this is a cool system. I'll post logs and config files

NWNX.ini wrote:
; NWNX2 configuration file
; These are the default values for NWNX2. Values specified on the command
; line take precedence.

[NWNX]
ServerPort = 5121
ModuleName = ""
WatchdogProcess = yes
UpdateIntervalProcess = 10
WatchdogGamespy = yes
UpdateIntervalGamespy = 15
GamespyRetries = 3
OldGamespyProtocol = no
RestartDelay = 10

*Note* theres all the db stuff under it but you don't need to know - lets just say, its MySQL @ localhost

nwnx_talus.ini wrote:
[SPEECH]
Debug=1
Interface=3
AutoEmote=0
Log=1
Logfile=speech_log
UseDatabase=0
ShowSpeech=1
PrivateCTell=0
PrivateSTell=0

NWNx Log wrote:
NWN Extender V.2.5.3.0
(c) 2003 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon) and Jeroen Broekhuizen
visit us at http://www.avlis.org

* Loading modules...
* Extension leto is loaded.
* Extension speech is loaded.
* NWNX2 activated.

leto log wrote:
NWNX-Leto module (build 03 - FF)
(c) 2004 by David Frauzel (dragonsong), dragon@weathersong.net
Information and support: http://weathersong.infopop.cc

* Loading LetoScript.dll...
* LetoScript metamodule activated (165.9ms).

Talus speech log wrote:
NWNX2 Talus Speech Listener Version 3.0b for Windows.
Copyright (C) 2003 Josh Dalton (Lanthar D'Alton) and Marc Paradise (Grinning Fool)
- Loading Verb Map
- Loaded 120 Verbs
- Launching Listener Thread.
- Launched Listener Thread.
- 18:51:40 1 : \Device\NPF_GenericNdisWanAdapter : Generic NdisWan adapter
- 18:51:40 2 : \Device\NPF_{C6A1B72A-1C33-47EB-BAA1-EA6ADE5743D0} : Marvell Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (Microsoft's Packet Scheduler)
- 18:51:40 3 : \Device\NPF_{62F534B1-5311-4366-BCC3-1FCEC2CB737C} : WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface
- 18:51:40 Using Interface: 3
- Hooked to Module: [TheXSite Customised Nordock v23.0.1]

nwn server log wrote:
[Sun May 29 18:51:31] Loading Module: Nordock_Custom_v23_0_5_XSite
[Sun May 29 18:51:31]---- Server Options ----
Max Players: 20
Char Levels: (1-40)
Player Password: NO
DM Login Enabled: NO
Server Admin Login Enabled: YES
Post Game To Internet: YES
Game Type: Action
Difficulty: 2
PVP Setting: PARTY
Vault: SERVER
Only One Party: NO
Enforce Legal Characters: NO
Item Level Restrictions: NO
Player pausing: DISABLED
Auto Save: Disabled
Saving Characters in Saved Game
---- End Server Options ----

See the strange thing is it sez " - Hooked to Module: [TheXSite Customised Nordock v23.0.1]" when the server name and mod name aren't that at all
The mod name is "XSitex Custom Nordock" and the module name is "Nordock_Custom_v23_0_5_XSite"

Ideas?

Also i was wondering is there ever a chance of getting the listen to just automatically listen to ALL connections? Instead of having the user choose a indiviual connection?
Also does the newest versions window have the text in different colours depending on what type it was (eg, should, talk etc - i haven't seen it), if not, Would be cool if that was done, make reading and keeping track easier
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:13    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

One of the steps in the setup instructions is go to the Edit menu, choose Module Properties and change the Name to match the module's filename.

You need to do this first. Let me know if the crashing continues after you do this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JimDandy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only emote I've found to work improperly is the *nods*. It's like the PC does two hand movements first, then nods his head. This is rather annoying as it's one of the most frequently used emotes. It does it using both the * and the []. Do you have any idea what could be causing it - and is there perhaps a file with all these emotes in it that I can check, or at least disable it as it's actually better without it than with?

Thanks,

Jim
Alosynth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming that *nods* is using the same animation that was in the older version of the system, you can fix this by replacing the animation integer for that action.

In the older version, this is in lds_spch_runonce.

Here, if you find the the section that defines what animation to use, you should see something similar to the following:
Code:

if(FindSubString(sUpper, "NOD") >=0)
    AssignCommand(oPC, ActionPlayAnimation(ANIMATION_LOOPING_GET_LOW, 1.0, 4.0));

If you replace ANIMATION_LOOPING_GET_LOW with ANIMATION_LOOPING_LISTEN, you will get a nodding animation.

As always, be sure to recompile your scripts after doing this in order to see the effect of the changes.

((Sorry Lanthar, I havn't got around to switching to the newer version yet))
JimDandy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I found, and below is what I replaced it with - which works very well. Thanks for the tips. Now i will fiddle more with this coolness Very Happy
Code:
    if (FindSubString(sUpper, "NOD") >= 0 )
    {
        AssignCommand(oPC, ActionPlayAnimation(ANIMATION_LOOPING_GET_MID, 1.0, 0.15f));
        DelayCommand(0.15f, AssignCommand(oPC, PlayAnimation(ANIMATION_LOOPING_GET_MID, 1.0, 0.15f)));
        DelayCommand(0.30f, AssignCommand(oPC, PlayAnimation(ANIMATION_LOOPING_LISTEN, 1.0, 0.25f)));
        DelayCommand(0.55f, AssignCommand(oPC, PlayAnimation(ANIMATION_LOOPING_GET_MID, 1.0, 0.25f)));
        DelayCommand(0.80f, AssignCommand(oPC, PlayAnimation(ANIMATION_LOOPING_LISTEN, 1.0, 0.25f)));
    }

Code:
    if (FindSubString(sUpper, "NOD") >= 0 )
    {
        AssignCommand(oPC, ActionPlayAnimation(ANIMATION_LOOPING_LISTEN, 1.0, 0.15f));
        DelayCommand(0.30f, AssignCommand(oPC, PlayAnimation(ANIMATION_LOOPING_LISTEN, 1.0, 0.25f)));
    }
Shadow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i made the module tag and name (in the module properties menu) exactly the same - the listener window still crashs - the dos prompt one still works (Though its extremely hard to start conversations) and i get this error in the nwnx_speech log

nwnx_speech.log wrote:
Copyright (C) 2003 Josh Dalton (Lanthar D'Alton) and Marc Paradise (Grinning Fool)
- Loading Verb Map
- Loaded 120 Verbs
- 17:02:25 Using Interface: 3
Speech POP timed out waiting on thread! - Hooked to Module: [TheXSite Customised Nordock v23.0.1]
Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!Speech POP timed out waiting on thread!

The hooked module is still wrong even with the tag and name the same - it should be v23.0.6

heres my nwnx log
nwnx.log wrote:
NWN Extender V.2.6.1
(c) 2005 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon) and Jeroen Broekhuizen
visit us at http://www.nwnx.org

* Loading plugins...
* Plugin odbc is loaded.
* Plugin speech is loaded.
* NWNX2 activated.

it obviously hasn't changed much

any other ideas?
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:52    Post subject: More thoughts Reply with quote

1: module name and filename must be the same (not name and tag)
2: the speech pop error is odd... I did add that so I could find problems... are you an administrator on that machine, or a restricted user?
3: what's your icq or aim account? (pm me or add me).

-Lanthar
Balanor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 16:05    Post subject: Error: Cannot Find Server Reply with quote

Greetings! This looks like a great tool and I've been trying desperately to implement it on the server I host. With the help of a now-retired team member, we got my server using NWNX with a MySQL database. I should mention I am very inexperienced with both and have little understanding of how they work together. Embarassed

I have gone through the process of setting up the Talus Listener. Lanthar, I took your most recent version (3.03b, I believe) imported the scripts and used the Talus module to set up the tables. They are created in the database and the nifty little non-DOS window pops up everytime I run NWNX. However, at the top it always reads ERROR: Cannot connect to database.

The rest of my persistent data from the game can see the database and stores and reads it. The Talus window even displays all the text, however it's not written to the server log. We can't use the emotes in-game either. I do have the module name in the NWNX.ini file the same name as the Module name under properties.

I am assuming I need to change some setting in MySQL or NWNX, but I'm not really sure where/how/what? Can anyone give me a few ideas or pointers? Thanks for reading!
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:21    Post subject: And once more... Reply with quote

Additional steps I should specify in the readme probably:
When you load the dll, if the file named nwnx_talus.ini cannot be found in the same dir as the dll, the configuration dialog comes up. On it are several checkboxes and stuff. If you have scripts already made which relied on the database entries, you had to turn on the Use Database setting. I probably need to revisit that code, since I long ago abandoned it... but anyway, if you plan to use the nice windows dialog listener, do not turn on that use database setting. Leave it off.

If nothing else, here is my copy of nwnx_talus.ini:
Code:

[SPEECH]
Debug=0
Interface=1
AutoEmote=1
Log=1
Logfile=speechlog.txt
UseDatabase=0
ShowSpeech=1
PrivateCTell=0
PrivateSTell=0

If you want to try using mine, just be sure you change the interface number to match your own, and use the rest of mine as is. Be sure you make these changes while your server is shut down, or else the closing event will rewrite the ini file with what it was when launched (plus toggled values in the eavesdrop dialog).

This misunderstanding has caused more trouble... and it's probably because there's no explanation of that checkbox included in current version of the release. Just remember folks, this dll is to move the listener away from being so reliant on the database, not to move it toward reliance on it. So unless you have your own stuff that checks the nwn_speech table, don't turn on that UseDatabase checkbox Smile

-Lanthar

(oh, and lemme know if that fixes it Balanor)

oh... and here's what should be seen in your nwnx_speech.txt file after server loads...
Code:

- Loading Verb Map
 - Loaded 120 Verbs
 - 19:03:18 Using Interface: 1
 - 19:03:20 listening on NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adapter Driver (Microsoft's Packet Scheduler)

- Hooked to Module: [Talus Speech Setup]
Balanor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

Turning off the Use Database option did the trick! I now have voice emotes everywhere in the mod, too (not just around NPCs). Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy And it turns out is was saving it to a log, I just hadn't named it like I had thought (oops again Embarassed )

Thanks again for this excellent resource, Lanthar!
JimDandy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya Lanthar.

I'm trying to add my own actions (unique words basically) to the system. i'd like these to trigger just like you did the < > commands/actions.

What files am I looking at for editing here? I added (as a test and since it was not used) a case 1024 in the lds_parse_action, and I added the word to the nwnx_tls_actn.ini file, too (with ID, of course). Are there other files I need to add the word into as well, because I see commands are in the ds_load-actions, too, but when I added it there it didn't do anything to help...

I am testing the word by simply doing this:
Code:

case 1024: // Test
        {
            SendMessageToPC(oPC, "Testing, testing...");
            break;
        }

I need to get a grip on this to utilize this wonderful system to the max.
Preferably I'd like to make a new script where I added our own "cases", using the IDs from 9000 to 10000, as those seem unlikely to be used by you in any updates.

Please, any help you can offer is greatly appreciated (and needed, hence why I'm emailing you next ^^).

Edit: Should I just stick to the lds_spch_runonce script instead?

Sincerely,
JimDandy
Dreamy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awhile back I posted about an issue with getting an application error when shutting down my server after installing the speech dll. Recently I install 1.66 patch and the problem went away. I had to do a critical rebuild as the update failed thinking there was some file corruption - in retrospect that seems likely so essentially this is a validation of your work Lanthar. It seems was a problem with my NWN install and NOT your work. Just thought I'd let you know.
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:11    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Good to know that. (as an aside, I pointed JimDandy the right direction over icq. If any of you have troubles with the speech system, don't hesitate to use icq to reach me.)

-Lanthar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: