logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX Speech plugin!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamy

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what its worth I have a new issue not critical at the moment as my server is very stable however this may be a problem at some point.
If I do a shutdown from the nwserver program I get yhe following application popup error - only started since talus install

Application popup: NWServer - Anne's World - 0/20 0:08:11: nwserver.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x7c910466" referenced memory at "0x07d00586". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
this is from the system event log -running XP workstaion sending report to MS web returns the following info

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 26
Source: Application Popup
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: STATUS_LOG_HARD_ERROR

Explanation
The program could not load a driver because the program user doesn't have sufficient privileges to access the driver or because the drive is missing or corrupt.

User Action
To correct this problem:

Ensure that the program user has sufficient privileges to access the directory in which the driver is installed.
Reinstall the program to restore the driver to the correct location.

Trid closing the talus listener prior to shutting down the server with same results - this is replicatable.

My concern is if server goes down while I'm not monitoring it won't restart until the application popup window is closed - making for unhappy users

Love your work but really can't let this just hang... literally or figuratively.

since the only thing really different is the speech dll loading I can't see it being a permissions issue - since the system is loading the dll

Any thought?

Thanks in advance
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 18:39    Post subject: don't forget, the dll uses the winpcap library... Reply with quote

You might see if they have any details on this. I wonder if winpcap is trying to make a log file somewhere that nt doesn't like...

Is your login account an administrator on the machine?

-Lanthar
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Katrina Mishow

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it does the same thing for me too. Not that any of it works, since no one's responded to my topic. ._., But it seems to only do it when it's using the sql light DB, cuz when I changed it to access, to see if it'd work then, it didn't do that error.
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 18:35    Post subject: VNC fixing Reply with quote

I'd be willing to take a whack at it with VNC sometime (www.realvnc.com) ... but I would expect it could take a few hours to figure out, and if it is SQL Lite, I wouldn't even know where to begin.

-Lanthar
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JimDandy

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hei Lanthar.

I just installed the latest version, well, startet to. I'm going through the txt file describing the erf installation. Is this file outdated? I can't find any of these two:

Quote:

5: You need to place the items:
-Containers & Switches->Full Permission Granter (pull as a player to get all admin permissions)
-Penants & Signs->IPList (This maps players to their IP addresses to allow fast lookups,
and hooks to dms when they are possessing things)

I'll continue onwards with the installation as I've backed up the module. This is always intimidating to me so I take it slow and try to understand what I am doing. Backups make me braver, but I still like to know what I'm doing, hehe.

Thanks.

JimDandy
JimDandy

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I proceeded with the installation without success. The Talus Speech Setup worked fine, though. So I went into that module and exported the two missing placeables (Full Permission Granter and IPList), then imported and placed them in my own module. Ta da. It worked.

I suggest the erf is remade with those two placeables. While I was in there I noticed there was a placeable called lds_soundplayer. I'm curious if I needed this one as well, and if it's merely placed in a player unaccessible area to work.

Very nice system, Lanthar. It's great to get it up and running. PLAYTIME!!

Jim
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:13    Post subject: erk Reply with quote

Well, those are bugs...

Those placeables should definitely be in the ERF. Especially the sound player. You don't need to place one. It was something I used as a workaround for having sound emotes play when a player was sitting (and thus action queue locked). I dunno if I still use it, or if I changed it to work differently.

Anyway, I'll update the file tomorrow with new erf, and with updated color coded eavesdrop window...

-Lanthar
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 19:13    Post subject: New beta version Reply with quote

Release: 3.03b
Release Date: 05/13/2005
-color coded text in rich control
-stopped dmfi from making the voice unless DM uses voice widget on nothing
-changed erf to include placeables and items (whoops)

Available here: http://lanthar.dyndsl.com/downloads/lds_talus_speech_303b_win.rar

-Lanthar
JimDandy

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lanthar, is your subrace system available for download anywhere? We're about to use DAR, but it doesn't do ECL. I saw on your website yours do, and rumour has it your system works like DAR in the way that it edits bic files.

If it's not available for the public I would ask some directions in how to replace the text that appears when you type *subracelisthelp* as this wouldn't represent our world's subraces (well, regardless of if the subrace system you have is available I still need to change this information to match our world setting).

I would also appreciate some directions when it comes to altering how the teleporting works. Hopefully we will be able to implement the spell so it could be memorized like any other and thus with as many uses as appropriate. I believe it's also a spell available for Clerics, and I do want to create a Druid version of the spell (perhaps by travelling through the roots of trees/plants). This is a taste matter I guess, I am just looking for some help getting started is all.

Thank you Razz

JimDandy
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:28    Post subject: Things you can do... Reply with quote

Yeah, I guess I should make that subrace list display optional...

It's easy to remove. Go into lds_parse_help and search (ctrl-f) for the word subracehelp

As for the teleport system... I suppose I could release it....... I just like having it for me, and it adds a few extra things I'll have to grab outta my main module and requires a database... which is most of why I left it out. If you read the *teleporthelp* you can see how my system works. As for clerics having a teleport spell, I don't think they do in any of the books I have. Druids have Treestride which is limited because it requires a tree of same type in both the starting and ending location. I suppose that requires more complexity.

You can see where to insert several customizable commands in the script lds_cmd_hooks.

My subrace system is available in the persistent bonus system by me on the vault. It predates the bic modifying things, so that's a no. My system actually relied on a heartbeating script, and post modified ECL. I've since done some reworking of it that uses pwfxp for ecl bonuses... and positive bonuses are given once per respawn/resurrect, but the negative bonuses are timer driven, last 58 seconds and re-added every 60 seconds. They use one delaycommand per character with a subrace... and work rather well... but it'd be complex to give them out. I could if you are reallllllllly pushy... but it'd be a while.

-Lanthar
JimDandy

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your directions. They will get me started. As for the subrace system, we'll probably go with DAR and use PWFXP for the ECL, as you did.

I always thought Teleport was a spell for all classes (except Druids). Maybe yours is worth checking out. We're using a database (any PW should) so that's cool Razz. If you ever think about sharing the teleport stuffs that'd be nice Smile. Treestride for Druids would be hard to do. We've discussed having druidic circles be natural areas for druids to travel to and from, so we might go with that solution (no spell required).

I'll be sure to look through the scripts you mentioned. Thanks a lot for supporting your code!

Jim
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:14    Post subject: Website rebuilt Reply with quote

I just spent the evening upgrading my web server, and it flushed my ip out of dyndsl during the time it was down... anyway, here's a link that will always work:

http://65.68.156.73/downloads/lds_talus_speech_303b_win.rar

-Lanthar
JimDandy

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a note of interest, I don't mean to get off topic.
The Teleport spell (according to PH) is "Level: Sor/Wiz 5, Travel 5", which I think means Clerics would get it if they chose the Travel domain. That's what we'll be aiming for on our PW at least.

Jim
JimDandy

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lanthar. Do you wish us to post bugs of any sort here? I've discovered some minor stuff which has me editing the afore mentioned *help* display. One thing I can't get working is using /o sits instead of /o e sits, for quiet emotes. Another thing I noticed is that *look around* and *examine* don't do anything.

So, do you wish this kind of feedback here or is there some other place I should post it?

PS: I don't know if this is all of it, I just discovered it during a few tests.

Jim
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:30    Post subject: Look Around and Examine Reply with quote

Those are meant to interface with some waypoints... if you place waypoints with tag of WP_LDS_DESC and edit the name to hold stuff you want people to see when they say that, then the nearest waypoint's name gets sent to the player's battle info window.

/o sits relies on a flag being enabled in your config file...

edit your nwnx_talus.ini file (in nwn dir) and change:
AutoEmote=0
to
AutoEmote=1

and that enables a defaulting of speech to emotes if the speech mode isn't given.

-Lanthar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: