logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX_Patch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antegate wrote:
in classes.2da colum DivSpellLvlMod/ArcSpellLvlMod == 0 if using SpellProgTable column?
if SpellProgTable is set these values are ignored
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw I just realized one of the option I claimed the new spell progression will allow to do doesn't work.

Its the Loremaster- īlike spell progression where the prestige class can enhance any type of spellcaster but just one. I will try to think up a way that would allow this without adding new columns etc.
highv priest

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you're on the topic of improving NWN.... Do you know of any methods to block people from accessing account creation screen of accounts they shouldn't be able to? I tried to block the loading of it, but it crashed the server lol. Wasn't sure where to go from there.
DarkSet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

highv priest wrote:
While you're on the topic of improving NWN.... Do you know of any methods to block people from accessing account creation screen of accounts they shouldn't be able to? I tried to block the loading of it, but it crashed the server lol. Wasn't sure where to go from there.

as I know there is such thing on one shard on linux. And virusman was connected to that.

But it would be great to have something like that for windows. True account password check instead of non working original. Or CD-key bounding to account.
highv priest

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkSet wrote:
highv priest wrote:

as I know there is such thing on one shard on linux. And virusman was connected to that.

But it would be great to have something like that for windows. True account password check instead of non working original. Or CD-key bounding to account.

Yea all I can do at the moment is pull up connection attempts in the log and ban that CDKEY which is not the right one. Unfortunately it's almost useless since people just CDkey gen.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

highv priest wrote:

no and i think the linux plugin doing this might do it by catching packets which probably won't be portable to windows

but I think nwnx_funcs or cool had an event that ran when connecting to server? never messed with it but it might be doable with it
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWNCX_Patch and NWNX_Patch v1.33b

DOWNLOAD

Just one change + new example 2das. Also, I added values into SpellType and SpellProgTable columns into classes.2da - plugin works without this, but figured out it might be better to fill them, no point have new column when all values are ****.

Revisited fixes/features:
- bit more logging
- completely reworked the (prestige) class spell progression to allow create a classes like Loremaster

There were two changes in the cls_prog_*.2da structure.
1) column AffectTwo now has 3 values:
value 0: default dual/double class progression, if arcane and divine progression is set class will improve both but will only improve one class of same spell type
value 1: as 0 but will also improve two classes of same spell type (ie wiz/sorc)
value 2: improves only highest class of those that the class is set to improve, ie. the Loremaster-like progression
2) 2da should now only contain columns for spell types it improves (previous version, example 2da listed both Arcane and Divine columns even though, divine was 0 for all lines, this is not needed anymore, add columns only for spell type you want to improve).

Notes:
Not 100% tested, the spell progression is quite complex and there are so many possible combinations and while I tested all of them last week, I was too lazy to re-test everything now. I only tested loremaster and that worked, I believe, or I hope I didn't broke anything by doing so...

The column AffectTwo should get renamed to something better describing what it is doing now. Plugin actually don't check for name but position so it can be done anytime without any changes to plugin I just wasn't sure what the name should be. Any ideas?

The example 2das are:
cls_prog_eldkni.2da - example 2da that will improve arcane progression by 1 for each level (Eldritch Knight PrC)
cls_prog_hmage.2da - another 2da that will improve arcane progression by 1 for each level (Harper Mage PrC)
cls_prog_lorema.2da - example 2da that will imrove highest class of either arcane, divine, or invocation spell type by 1 for each level Loremaster PrC)
cls_prog_mystic.2da - example 2da that will improve both arcane and divine progression by 1 for each level (Mystic Theurge PrC)
cls_prog_dual.2da - example 2da that will improve arcane and divine or two arcane or two divine progression by 1 (this 2da is made up I know now class that can do this, it is just example)
highv priest

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaDoOoW wrote:
highv priest wrote:

no and i think the linux plugin doing this might do it by catching packets which probably won't be portable to windows

but I think nwnx_funcs or cool had an event that ran when connecting to server? never messed with it but it might be doable with it

It does have an event but there is no means to bypass it lol.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

highv priest wrote:

have you tried to use bootpc from there?
highv priest

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaDoOoW wrote:
highv priest wrote:

have you tried to use bootpc from there?

Hmm I'll give it a shot when I get home and let you know how it goes.
Valgav

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this prevent to log to anything: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/script/nwnx-auth-bioware-master-server

I haven't used it for long time so I don't remember but I'm sure that this plugin was best approach to handle authorizaation.
Antegate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaDoOoW

I tried with a class Pale master. He does not add new spell levels, as in vanilla. Maybe something is wrong? I took your last classes.2da
or is it such a feature?

in client
Code:
o CNWCCreatureStats__GetSpellGainWithBonus: new calculation doesn't match with vanilla! cls_id 10, spell_lvl 1, oldval 6, newval: 4, bonus: 5, abil_score: 20
o GetSpellProgressionModifier_client return value: 0
o CNWCCreatureStats__GetSpellGainWithBonus: new calculation doesn't match with vanilla! cls_id 10, spell_lvl 2, oldval 4, newval: 2, bonus: 5, abil_score: 20
o CNWCCreatureStats__GetSpellGainWithBonus: new calculation doesn't match with vanilla! cls_id 10, spell_lvl 3, oldval 3, newval: 0, bonus: 5, abil_score: 20
o CNWCCreatureStats__GetSpellGainWithBonus: new calculation doesn't match with vanilla! cls_id 10, spell_lvl 4, oldval 2, newval: 0, bonus: 5, abil_score: 20
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antegate wrote:
ShaDoOoW

I tried with a class Pale master. He does not add new spell levels, as in vanilla. Maybe something is wrong?

Weird, it works for me.

Make sure the log doesnt contain something like "cls_prog_palema could not be loaded!"

I had problem with this myself but thought I fixed this (extremely weird issue).

If the cls_prog_palema.2da was loaded which 2da did you used, the one included within plugin or your own? If your own send it. Also send me savegame. Might be a specific combination of classes, classes positions and who knows what else.
Antegate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used your 2da
wiz 6, pale master 6

Code:

o Initializing spells.2da.
o  spells.2da already initialized. Unloading content.
o  spells.2da loaded.
o Initializing spells_level.2da.
o  spells_level.2da already initialized. Unloading content.
o  spells_level.2da loaded.
o Initializing classes.2da.
o  classes.2da already initialized. Unloading content.
o  classes.2da loaded.
 o Initializing cls_prog_palema.2da.
 o  cls_prog_palema.2da already initialized. Unloading content.
 o  cls_prog_palema.2da loaded.
o  done.
o  done.

Quote:
Also send me savegame.

I'm using a server (((
I made several attempts. The server even fell at the hero's exit.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revert to previous version for now. This needs much more testing... Stranger is that your example works for me but I found few bugs in code elsewhere...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 31 of 44

Jump to: