logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX_Patch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Antegate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[Community Patch]
DebugLevel=1
Disable Sticky Modes=0
DisableCustomSpellcasters=0
DisableSubRaces=0
DisablePossessing=0
DisableConnect=0
DisableSetLocalStringHook = 0
DisableLoadModuleFinishHook=0
DisableLoginHook=0
DisableWeaponHooks=0
DisableGetTotalACSkillModHook=0
DisableGetUseMonkAbilitiesHook=0
DisableGetCriticalHitRollHook=0
DisableAttackOfOpportunity=0
DisableResolveAttackHook=0
DisableAddEquipItemActionsHook=0
DisableSummonAnimalCompanionHook=0
DisableSummonFamiliarHook=0
DisableUseItemHook=0
DisableEffectImmunityHook=0
DisableResolveDamageShieldsHook=0
DisableGetRelativeWeaponSizeHook=0
DisableHolyAvengerHook=0
DisableToggleModeHook=0
DisableDisarmHook=0
DisableSRHook=0
DisableApplyEffectOnObject=0
DisablePlayerLeave=0
DisableValidateServerCharacter=0
DisableEffectCasterLevel=0
DisableAdjustSpellUses=0
DisableOnHitCastSpellHook=0
DisableSellItem=0
DisableLevelDownHook=0
DisableLevelUpHook=0
DisableResolveAmmunitionHook=0
DisableSetActivityHook=0
DisableDefensiveStance=0
DisableResolveSpecialAttackDamageBonusHook=0
DisableStartBarterHook=0
DisableGetMinEquipLevelHook=0
DisableClearAllPartyInvalidActionsHook=0
DisableFireTrapHook=0
DisableFavoredEnemyHook=0
DisableAddPickPocketAction=0
DisableLearnScroll=0
DisableSpellSlotsInPolymorphHook=0

Is it all leverage?
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test version 1.31

DOWNLOAD

I think I managed to fix two bugs I had in my TODO list from start, but I am hesitant to call it 100% fixed yet since this needs a lot of playtesting.

I also updated the list of disabling switches in the documentation. You might notice that some switches disappeared, I removed those strictly client-side from the list as player is not expected to ever disable them for any reason.

New fixes:
- fixed client crash with hellball visual effect
- fixed bug with delevellng RDD that didn't removed bonus abilities properly
Antegate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

Disable Sticky Modes = 0 does not exist?

Last edited by Antegate on Wed Aug 23, 2017 18:39; edited 2 times in total
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antegate wrote:
Thanks

Disable Sticky Modes = 0 does not exist?

Oh yea exists although it was apparently renamed, added 3 forgotten switches to the documentation:
Disable Sticky Combat Modes=0
DebugLevel=0
Disallow Animal Companion Possessing=0 (put into [Server Options])

When we are at it - if you think some switches should be renamed or united (ie. 4 close functions with its own switch into one switch - probably case of special attacks) let me know what you think.
Antegate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When we are at it - if you think some switches should be renamed or united (ie. 4 close functions with its own switch into one switch - probably case of special attacks) let me know what you think.

I do not quite understand, but at the moment I'm happy with everything Smile
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antegate wrote:
Quote:

I do not quite understand, but at the moment I'm happy with everything Smile

Yeah, this makes sense only those who see the actual code. Basically most of these switches disables 1 function "hook" (hook is a scripting method that allows me to replace original function calls with my own code). Same hook can be in different plugin which might cause compatibility issues so thats the switch for.

But some switches in fact disabling a whole "family" of hooks, for example DisableCustomSpellCasters=1 disables 9 hooks and around 20 patches and even more for client.

Same could probably be done with other hooks to reduce their count.

DisableResolveSpecialAttackAttackBonus
DisableUseFeat
DisableResolveMeleeSpecialAttack
DisableResolveSpecialAttackDamageBonusHook

Could be grouped into single switch as they are all related to special attacks.
DarkSet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to complain on an old issue, it's not critical, but annoys pretty much.

So, my players and me get client crashes from time to time and in most cases this is when one enter the server and gets to the list of characters. I write it here, because I assume this is somehow related to connect, transfering of haks list from server.
Obce this step is overcommen and one logins to the module with a char - crashes are rare. But this part with list of charackters and picking one - is like a trapped door.

And if you log out and try to connect to the server again without restarting the client - you can be 98% sure you'll get this crash on list of chars.

As I told this is not so critical, but very annoying, so it would be good if you could actually find and fix it.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkSet wrote:
Want to complain on an old issue, it's not critical, but annoys pretty much.

So, my players and me get client crashes from time to time and in most cases this is when one enter the server and gets to the list of characters. I write it here, because I assume this is somehow related to connect, transfering of haks list from server.
Obce this step is overcommen and one logins to the module with a char - crashes are rare. But this part with list of charackters and picking one - is like a trapped door.

And if you log out and try to connect to the server again without restarting the client - you can be 98% sure you'll get this crash on list of chars.

As I told this is not so critical, but very annoying, so it would be good if you could actually find and fix it.

can you set DisableConnect=1 in nwnplayer.ini under [Community Patch] to see if it fixes the issue?
Valgav

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back to NWN and I'm really pleased what I'm seeing with all this new or improved and merged stuff from cool and other plugins in single patch. I'm also thinking about some new project so my question is:

Is there working version for unix or only win32 is supported for current(1.31) release? I would love to get maximum compatibility with all this stuff so I want to use supported platform.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valgav wrote:
I'm back to NWN and I'm really pleased what I'm seeing with all this new or improved and merged stuff from cool and other plugins in single patch. I'm also thinking about some new project so my question is:

Is there working version for unix or only win32 is supported for current(1.31) release? I would love to get maximum compatibility with all this stuff so I want to use supported platform.
I know to code only for windows, can't support linux. And so far every linux developer had bit different view on how the plugin should look - basically only I stand up for the idea of one multiplugin, others want to keep everything separated.
Valgav

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your answer confirmed me to stay on win32 Smile

One more thing. Is there any plugin that you don't have included and/or not planning to include in future? Like resman or database functions? I'm just trying to narrow list of plugins I have to config for setup my new instance of nwnx.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valgav wrote:
Your answer confirmed me to stay on win32 Smile

One more thing. Is there any plugin that you don't have included and/or not planning to include in future? Like resman or database functions? I'm just trying to narrow list of plugins I have to config for setup my new instance of nwnx.

Well first of all my plugin is not a copy or ripoff of other plugins. Yes Terra777 added some new plugins which are doing similar stuff but this work was in paralel. Obviously some of the functionalities are same, for example the weapon feats configuration. But the thing is - I needed to hook functions for weapons to fix trident bug. When it was done I was thinking, why not add also this - the hooks to do it are already in my plugin half the work done, so why not? Plus, I was convinced I have a better way to do it than Terra.

As for functions, most "duplicate" functions was added only because some of my softcoded scripts needed that function to actually code the feat/action in NWScript.

Copy functionalities from other plugins is not my plan, however I believe it has a lot of advantages to have it under single plugin, so I recently said I will copy specifically asked custom functions from other plugins - in the end the advantage is that you can use these functions with client as well as Im supporting both server and client and both plugins can communicate with each other.

Right now, I am not developing much new as I need to make sure there are no bugs in my plugin as it is going to be released within my community patch 1.72.

Last edited by ShaDoOoW on Thu Aug 24, 2017 20:36; edited 1 time in total
DarkSet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And so far every linux developer had bit different view on how the plugin should look - basically only I stand up for the idea of one multiplugin, others want to keep everything separated.

it's basically is the core difference between windows and linux style all over Smile

And it's great that you're on windows side!
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkSet wrote:
Quote:
And so far every linux developer had bit different view on how the plugin should look - basically only I stand up for the idea of one multiplugin, others want to keep everything separated.

it's basically is the core difference between windows and linux style all over Smile

And it's great that you're on windows side!

good point Very Happy

Imo the only advantage to have several separated plugins is that it is easier to find bugs in them. I can say that catching random crashes become really difficult because the current source code has 10k lines and hooks around 120 functions (client) and patches around 40 locations in code.

Advantages are multiple - if I separated my plugin into 10 new plugins, lot of hooks would have to be done twice or even more times. Because feature 1 needs to hook function A and B and feature 2 that would be in separated plugin needs to hook function C but also A. So it is more efficient this way.

Another advantage is developing, I don't have to manage 10 different plugins but one, saves a lot of time.

Of course th advantage in comfort is also on user side - no need to install multiple plugins only to find plugin A causes issues with plugin B.

Anyway, reminds me to upload new source for server plugin (my policy for client plugin did not changed sorry). Just need to find where this stupid GIT went I might deleted it from my computer...
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the source. Link on github.

If you find an error in code or you know how to improve things let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 23 of 44

Jump to: