logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX_Patch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valbor wrote:
Hi, another question for you ShaDoOoW, would you be able to cleave (great cleave) implement after the Devastating Critical? since he is required for taking Devast feat.

I don't think I can fix this. This is really messy and sometimes it works and sometimes don't.
Valbor wrote:
Is it possible somehow to apply the effects of Taunt or Wounding at creature from a script?

Not sure about taunt but wounding is doable.

However, you really do not need to apply the exact effects you know, wounding is useless anyway. You probably just want to use the icon so I suggest to use nwnx_funcs which allows you to make your custom effect link and show icon you want using EffectIcon. nwncx_patch already has the modification that allows clients to show it.
Valbor

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaDoOoW wrote:
I don't think I can fix this. This is really messy and sometimes it works and sometimes don't.

I tested it, and cleave (great cleave) is triggered after the devastating critical only if you have at least still one attack in the current flurry attacks, http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Flurry if anyone is interested.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valbor wrote:
ShaDoOoW wrote:

I tested it, and cleave (great cleave) is triggered after the devastating critical only if you have at least still one attack in the current flurry attacks, http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Flurry if anyone is interested.
good news I fixed the melee devastating critical feedback

checking the possibility of fixing cleave
EDIT: found it, it was actually very easy, will try to make a release asap
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally new version. Codename "I am back!"

v1.21e
DOWNLOAD

Features:
- new scripting funtion int GetLastAttackSneak(object oAttacker); you can find it in 70_inc_nwnx included in the archive or just use GetLocalInt(oAttacker,"GetLastAttackSneak"); works only in OnHitCastSpell scripts (ie. workaround used to get OnDamaged on player)
- fixed bug in plugin with devastating critical hit feedback message
- devastating critical will now properly trigger (greater) cleave
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

highv priest wrote:
Here is a real challenge for you. Put a hook in for whenever an AI executes a pathfind call(doesn't need to be able to stop it, just a signal to know it's happening and ideally have it trigger for the AI actually doing it). I've been trying to figure out how to do this for forever, because one of nwns biggest problems is AI can get stuck and when they do they grab the server by the legs and drag it into the deepest pit of hell with lag(only takes like 20-30 ai to get stuck to start causing some lag).

I know it must be possible because nwnx_profiler knows when a pathfind call is executed, but I can't figure out how they did it.

While I understand realism and such, if an AI gets stuck in a damn wall I'd rather them either kill themselves or use a teleport or something more productive then just spamming the same broken pathing.

Then the best solution would be to modify profiler. Otherwise it just creates conflict and might negatively affect performance.

EDIT: also, isn't it possible to detect such creature using nwscript? I think I had code like this to prevent my boss being kited using bodyblocking over his minion or some other tactics.
Valbor

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for devastating, a good job Very Happy
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are more features that might not been announced.

1. NWNX_Patch_Set/GetAreaWind (70_inc_nwnx)
2. SetNumberOfAOOs (70_inc_nwnx or just SetLocalInt(oCreature,"NUM_AOO",nMaxAOO)Wink
3. Possibility to set AOO to be sneak attack - SetLocalInt(oTarget,"AOO_SNEAK",1); in the 70_s2_aoo script

Also, current hooks allows me to add these features:
- variable to modify base fortitude/reflex/will saving throws
- execute script at the start of the combat round for given creature including PC ie. OnCombatRoundStart (what would that be good for?)
- execute script when levelled down ie OnLevelDown (thats not so difficult to catch using nwscript though)
- execute script when players attempt to barter (probably useless because the only possibility would be to cancel it which doesn't matter)
any opinions?
Valbor

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to see the possibility to change number of Circle Kicks, number of attacks (onhand, offhand), number of epic dodges and deflect arrows, implement greater flurry of blows (2 extra attacks), casting spells in polymorph etc about what you ShaDoOoW wrote earlier.

Still have a question about feat Sap, which was removed allegedly due to unbalance, may be you should consider to return it to the game, and also to add it as special feats to Fighter and Torm classes, i don't think it will greatly change game balance.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valbor wrote:
It would be nice to see the possibility to change number of Circle Kicks, number of attacks (onhand, offhand), number of epic dodges and deflect arrows, implement greater flurry of blows (2 extra attacks), casting spells in polymorph etc about what you ShaDoOoW wrote earlier.

Still have a question about feat Sap, which was removed allegedly due to unbalance, may be you should consider to return it to the game, and also to add it as special feats to Fighter and Torm classes, i don't think it will greatly change game balance.

Actually when I came back there was a code to alter number of attacks, but the code wasn't finished and caused memory leaks, so I scratched it. Might start over again later but one thing at the time.

Anyway, today I managed to allow dynamically cast in polymorph. That will work by using a function NWNX_Patch_SetCanCastInPolymorph(oPC,TRUE/FALSE);
note this require players to use nwncx if you want this for multiplayer, also it has one disadvantage of not showing the default polymorph spells. Its possible to show them elsewhere however that is so difficult to do that I think it will be better to just let builder to deal with it if he wants to allow player to cast normal spell and also polymorph spells as well.

here you can download nwncx_patch with this feature for testing, nwnx_patch is not updated yet

EDIT: without the function its useless, here is code:
Code:
//Enables player to cast in polymorph
//Note: polymorph has only two modes, in default mode (nCastingAllowed=0), radial menu won't show normal spells but
//shows polymorph spells such as dragon breath. In the second mode (nCastingAllowed=1) it will show normal spells but
//polymorph specific spells like dragon breath will not be there. Therefore you need to workaround this and add
//polymorph specific spells as feats/special abilities
void NWNXPatch_SetCanCastInPolymorph(object oPlayer, int nCastingAllowed);

void NWNXPatch_SetCanCastInPolymorph(object oPlayer, int nCastingAllowed)
{
    SetLocalString(GetModule(),"NWNX!PATCH!FUNCS!6",ObjectToString(oPlayer)+"|"+IntToString(nCastingAllowed != FALSE));
    DeleteLocalString(GetModule(),"NWNX!PATCH!FUNCS!6");
}

As for Sap. No I cannot do that. It has no backing in rules thus I cannot do this in Community Patch project no matter how balanced would that be. And sap is not balanced. But its functional afaik. If you want it you can eable it and add it to those two classes yourself just with 2da edits.
Valbor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download nwncx_patch and set NWNXPatch_SetCanCastInPolymorph(oPC, TRUE) in heartbeat module script, the spells from druid class not appeared in polymorph.
Antegate

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Finally new version. Codename "I am back!"

v1.21e
DOWNLOAD

Quote:
1. NWNX_Patch_Set/GetAreaWind (70_inc_nwnx)
2. SetNumberOfAOOs (70_inc_nwnx or just SetLocalInt(oCreature,"NUM_AOO",nMaxAOO)Wink
3. Possibility to set AOO to be sneak attack - SetLocalInt(oTarget,"AOO_SNEAK",1); in the 70_s2_aoo script

Thank you very much ^_^
Valbor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a problem with summon companion (Spider) in the multiplayer, the server freezes completely and not know what is the reason, but other companions a summoned is normal.
Valbor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valbor wrote:
I have a problem with summon companion (Spider) in the multiplayer, the server freezes completely and not know what is the reason, but other companions a summoned is normal.

I found something, in OnSpawn script "nw_ch_acgs9.nss" i close this line "SetSpawnInCondition(NW_FLAG_APPEAR_SPAWN_IN_ANIMATION)", then companion (Spider) summoned is normal, obviously the problem in the appearing of this creature, but don't think this is the solution.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valbor wrote:
Download nwncx_patch and set NWNXPatch_SetCanCastInPolymorph(oPC, TRUE) in heartbeat module script, the spells from druid class not appeared in polymorph.

are you sure you test this in singleplayer? it is not enabled in server mode yet. If so perhaps send savegame.

Valbor wrote:
Valbor wrote:

I found something, in OnSpawn script "nw_ch_acgs9.nss" i close this line "SetSpawnInCondition(NW_FLAG_APPEAR_SPAWN_IN_ANIMATION)", then companion (Spider) summoned is normal, obviously the problem in the appearing of this creature, but don't think this is the solution.
is this happening without NWNCX+nwncx_patch?
Valbor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaDoOoW wrote:
are you sure you test this in singleplayer? it is not enabled in server mode yet. If so perhaps send savegame.

In single player everything is fine, and will soon release this function for multiplayer?

ShaDoOoW wrote:
is this happening without NWNCX+nwncx_patch?

Ah sorry, this error only in my module, and only in multiplayer, i will have to look for what is there for a reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 11 of 44

Jump to: