logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX_Patch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valbor wrote:
Is it possible somehow to remove the limitation on the number of AOO in a round?

Digged out my experiments and checked this.

Yes I wasable to modify number of AOOs, number of Circle Kicks, number of attacks (onhand, offhand), number of epic dodges, make AOO sneak attack, enable 3.0 rules uncanny dodge (where it grants immunity to sneak), implement greater flurry of blows (2 extra attacks), implement oversized two weapon fighting (which enables to dual wield without penalty with one sizer category weapon in offhand up), implement precise shot (basically penalty -4ab when using ranged in melee without this feat), casting spells in polymorph, implement new itemproperties such as hitpoints bonus, hitpoints penalty, % hitpoints bonusl, % hitpoints penalty, extra attacks, +caster level (doesnt need nwnx actually - uses community patch spell engine), +sneak attack and much more...

The problem here is that most of these features intented to my PW are coded directly and that many of them probably doesn't fit this project.

So the question is whether are these features desirable for this project. If they are another question is how to make all of this dynamic.

I am going to start with the num of AOOs in round for now but its already clear to me that the variables needs some sort of unification.
Valbor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaDoOoW wrote:
Yes I wasable to modify number of AOOs, number of Circle Kicks, number of attacks (onhand, offhand), number of epic dodges, make AOO sneak attack, enable 3.0 rules uncanny dodge (where it grants immunity to sneak), implement greater flurry of blows (2 extra attacks), implement oversized two weapon fighting (which enables to dual wield without penalty with one sizer category weapon in offhand up), implement precise shot (basically penalty -4ab when using ranged in melee without this feat), casting spells in polymorph, implement new itemproperties such as hitpoints bonus, hitpoints penalty, % hitpoints bonusl, % hitpoints penalty, extra attacks, +caster level (doesnt need nwnx actually - uses community patch spell engine), +sneak attack and much more...

If you will be able to add all this to your project, i think it will not be superfluous, but only in such as modifying number of AOOs, number of Circle Kicks etc. must not be active immediately after the update patch in order not to disturb the balance of the game. But i like the mod-makers could use most of this, so i'm only for this innovation.

And another question, is it possible to implement the Manyshot feat and Greater Weapon Specialization?
DarkSet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again.

Looks like NWN treats decease and poison together. Remove poison also removes decease negative effects and vice versa. Also paladin feat of decease immunity makes IMUNITY_TYPE_POISON to be true for him.

Can you somehow fix it and separate poisons from deceases?
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkSet wrote:
Hi again.

Looks like NWN treats decease and poison together. Remove poison also removes decease negative effects and vice versa. Also paladin feat of decease immunity makes IMUNITY_TYPE_POISON to be true for him.

Can you somehow fix it and separate poisons from deceases?

But that should already be handled in CPP. No need nwnx for this. If its not working you probably don't have DnD rules difficulty which I coded this feature onto. Or you don't use CPP spellscripts.
DarkSet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's about my custom poisons script. I just use there IMMUNITY_TYPE_POISON and get poisons not working on paladin because of his decease immunity.

I don't use your spell scripts, as spellcasting is higly customized in my module. If there is some part about poisons immunity separated from deceases - can you please give it?

I use higest difficulty level.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkSet wrote:
it's about my custom poisons script. I just use there IMMUNITY_TYPE_POISON and get poisons not working on paladin because of his decease immunity.

I don't use your spell scripts, as spellcasting is higly customized in my module. If there is some part about poisons immunity separated from deceases - can you please give it?

I use higest difficulty level.
This doesn't feel right. Divine healt is not giving immunity to poisons. EffectPoison() has to work on paladin. You must be doing something wrong.
highv priest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanna say thanks to Shadoow for actually removing the few blemishes this game actually has!
DarkSet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't use EffectPoison. My poisons is just a script without nwn poisons involved.

Ok, I'll double check the issue.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkSet wrote:
Well, I don't use EffectPoison. My poisons is just a script without nwn poisons involved.

Ok, I'll double check the issue.

In vanilla, the immunity to disease or poison only apply for EffectDisease() and EffectPoison().

That is however basically just a placeholder effect that sets up a timer and trigger other effects. And those effects are not classified as poison or disease anymore and they can be removed based on their type. In case of ability decrease they are removed by all 3 kinds of removal spells (and potions containing these spells).

This is what CPP changes and under hardcore difficulty remove poison doesnt remove ability decreases coming from disease and vice versa. Also won't remove ability decrease from other sources like negative energy burst. On the other hand, remove poison can newly remove also any other effect coming from poison such as blindness.
DarkSet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, GetHasImmunity with constant IMMUNITY_TYPE_POISON does not really show if char has poison immunity? And I can't rely on it in my custom scripting?
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkSet wrote:
so, GetHasImmunity with constant IMMUNITY_TYPE_POISON does not really show if char has poison immunity? And I can't rely on it in my custom scripting?
this works too of course, you can rely on that it checks itemproperties and feats of creature so its reliable
Valbor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 70_s2_aoo.nss you have in lines:
Code:
//no AOO if creatures has one of these items in right hand
switch(GetBaseItemType(oTarget))

when the object oTarget alredy creature who performs the AOO.

Maybe you mean this?
Code:
//no AOO if creatures has one of these items in right hand
switch(GetBaseItemType(oWeapon))
Valbor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible somehow to set my own Item level restriction in script? To skip on the server of the player with a high for him item.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valbor wrote:
Is it possible somehow to set my own Item level restriction in script? To skip on the server of the player with a high for him item.

use local variable named "CILR" on item, type integer value = new level
Valbor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 9 of 44

Jump to: