logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX_Patch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valbor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ShaDoOoW:
I was thinking that maybe not enough of this "case ACTION_COUNTERSPELL:" in 70_s2_aoo.nss to switch.

Also in your patch for some reason i can't use counter spells mode. Well, for example after reloading the area where the creature on which he want to apply this mode, or either when you load the game.
Valbor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sight of Gruumsh feat does not give their bonuses, when i take the 10th level in this class there is nothing does not change Sad
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valbor wrote:
Hi ShaDoOoW:
I was thinking that maybe not enough of this "case ACTION_COUNTERSPELL:" in 70_s2_aoo.nss to switch.

Also in your patch for some reason i can't use counter spells mode. Well, for example after reloading the area where the creature on which he want to apply this mode, or either when you load the game.

good catch with aoo - added

can you provide savegames/instructions how to reproduce this? I need more info to speed it up. Everytime I fix something a new bug report is made and I keep postphoning the new version over and over
Valbor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaDoOoW wrote:
can you provide savegames/instructions how to reproduce this? I need more info to speed it up. Everytime I fix something a new bug report is made and I keep postphoning the new version over and over

On account of the CounterSpell you can easily check this bug: go to any area, and use Counter Spell mode on different creatures, at on some creatures cannot be use this mode. You can check it out on the standard module Prelude at first area. Try a few times, it does not always buggy.

And you can do this CounterSpell command on the quick slot?
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valbor wrote:
And you can do this CounterSpell command on the quick slot?

this is already a feature of nwncx_patch, doesn't it work?
Valbor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valbor wrote:
On account of the CounterSpell you can easily check this bug: go to any area, and use Counter Spell mode on different creatures, at on some creatures cannot be use this mode. You can check it out on the standard module Prelude at first area. Try a few times, it does not always buggy.

Maybe this bug is somewhere in this your patch Neverwinter Nights Community Patch 1.72 beta 13 content, you say --> "- counterspell button will no longer be enabled when the radial menu is opened at location"

ShaDoOoW wrote:

Ah Smile, yes, i see it in 1.72 beta 3 content, you say --> "- allowed to put Counterspell ability into quickslot", but i did not understand how to put in a quick slot, apparently not working.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valbor wrote:
Valbor wrote:

Maybe this bug is somewhere in this your patch Neverwinter Nights Community Patch 1.72 beta 13 content, you say --> "- counterspell button will no longer be enabled when the radial menu is opened at location"

ShaDoOoW wrote:

Ah Smile, yes, i see it in 1.72 beta 3 content, you say --> "- allowed to put Counterspell ability into quickslot", but i did not understand how to put in a quick slot, apparently not working.
I cannot replicate the bug with counterspell. And I don't even know what does "doesn't work" mean. The counterspell mode won't start or character doesn't neutralise hostile spell?

Are you sure that:
- your character recognized enemy spell via spellcraft?
- your character has appropriate spells for counterspell?
- enemy spell can be countered? (epic spells and special abilities cannot be countered)
- it happens only with nwncx_patch and not in vanilla?

I actually didn't touch counterspelling at all. The tweak with quickslot is just radial menu tweak and now I found out why it stopped working. My previous solution allowed to put it into quickslot but in the same time it appeared enabled when player opened radial menu at location then I tried to fix it but that only restored vanilla behavior. Currently working on this hopefully I can find a way how to enable it only in quickslot.
Valbor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it happens only with nwncx_patch, the counterspell mode it is not allocated for activation on the some creatures, as if i point at an empty location.

ShaDoOoW wrote:
Are you sure that:
- your character recognized enemy spell via spellcraft?
- your character has appropriate spells for counterspell?
- enemy spell can be countered? (epic spells and special abilities cannot be countered)

When i managed to enable this mode, the rest of it worked as usual without bugs.

Last edited by Valbor on Thu Feb 02, 2017 21:16; edited 2 times in total
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valbor wrote:
The counterspell mode it is not allocated for activation on the some creatures, as if i point at an empty location.

I just tried about 100 times with nwncx_patch from beta14 and counterspell was allocated always. Tried on 15 different creatures, even started campaing and tried that in prelude, cannot reproduce. Lets ignore this one till new version is released.
Valbor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaDoOoW wrote:
I just tried about 100 times with nwncx_patch from beta14 and counterspell was allocated always. Tried on 15 different creatures, even started campaing and tried that in prelude, cannot reproduce

Hmm maybe really somewhere that i have wrong, i'll watch.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valbor wrote:
Sight of Gruumsh feat does not give their bonuses, when i take the 10th level in this class there is nothing does not change Sad

Hmm confirmed. This feat is nonfunctional itself. Will have to modify calculation of the fortitude, reflex and will saving throws. Unfortunately I see no easy way how to fix this without NWNX. I mean it would be quite easy to add an effect to character via levelup but that would work only if builder added 70_mod_levelup into the module and even then it would be gone the moment of player death.
Valbor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaDoOoW wrote:
I just tried about 100 times with nwncx_patch from beta14 and counterspell was allocated always. Tried on 15 different creatures, even started campaing and tried that in prelude, cannot reproduce

Valbor wrote:
Hmm maybe really somewhere that i have wrong, i'll watch.

I think i found what the problem is, i run the game through NWNCX_Loader.exe and then there is this bug, but without this not work many of patch new functions. Sad
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 0:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay here is new version, try if the counterspell is still bugged there

download

changes:
- reworked the way how plugin calculates number of spells learn for wizard-like spellcasters, now refers to new collumn SpellsLearnTable instead of SpellsKnownTable (to avoid issues in toolset)
- improved SetTag function in way the object with changed tag will be retrieveable via GetObjectByTag under its new tag. Also added note this function cannot set area and module tag.
- re-enabled to put counterspell into quickslot
- fixed a bug that allowed sorcerer/bard get 255 spells uses
- fixed memory leak inside SetRacialType function
- fixed nonfunctional ini settings to disallow possess animal companions and the possess icon won't show up at all if this option is set in client (however this is still client-side thing, if client has this allowed he will see he button even on server that doesn't allow it - it won't be functional though)
- fixed Sight of Gruumsh feat not giving intented bonuses to saving throws

in testing:
- added function SetMovementRateFactor

to use it you have to add this code into 70_inc_nwnx or any other include of yours
Quote:
//Sets the actual speed value.
void NWNXPatch_SetMovementRateFactor(object oCreature, float fSpeed);

void NWNXPatch_SetMovementRateFactor(object oCreature, float fSpeed)
{
SetLocalString(GetModule(),"NWNX!PATCH!FUNCS!428",ObjectToString(oCreature)+"|"+FloatToString(fSpeed));
DeleteLocalString(GetModule(),"NWNX!PATCH!FUNCS!428");
}

Note, this is engine internal function, I do not take responsibility for its behavior and won't be able to fix/improve/change it if it won't work the way you need. Try it, if it solves the problem you have I will keep this, if not (which I expect) I will remove it from plugin.
Antegate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx
Valbor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if i run the game all through the same NWNCX_Loader the problem remained, but now i can enable this mode using a quick slot so for me this problem is solved Smile
It is a pity that only on the client side, without your patch, players can't use quick slot for CounterSpell mode Sad
ShaDoOoW wrote:
fixed nonfunctional ini settings to disallow possess animal...

It seems to me that nothing has changed, i'm starting to think that the problem is in my NWNCX_Loader.exe or NWNCX.dll

I would also like to ask where can i get Vanilla nwmain.exe or how can i patch the standard nwmain.exe for your patch?

SetMovementRateFactor - this is what i need Thank you, have tested in different situations and there is no bugs, but it is a pity that even with this will 150% movement speed cap. Yet would be a function where may can remove or install cap for maximum speed at the creature, then i'll be happy Smile
Example:
NWNXPatch_GetMaxMovementRateFactor(object oCreature)
NWNXPatch_SetMaxMovementRateFactor(object oCreature, float fMaximum)
if this is possible?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 6 of 44

Jump to: