logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX_Patch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valbor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ShaDoOoW, as you have time look at this bugs:

1. NWNXPatch_GetUsedDeflectArrows(object oCreature) Returns 1 before the first use of Deflect Arrows, and after this will always return 0 even if the oCreature rested.
2. NWNXPatch_GetUsedEpicDodge(object oCreature) Here the value is reverse, ie returns 1 if oCreature already used epic dodge in this round, and return 0 if not use (this bug is not serious but better to fix).
DarkSet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can confirm that is a very, very old bug. It happens when releveling with spell slots on your gear. When you drop below the thresh-hold of being able to cast a spell level, and then level back up to that point while maintaining the spell slots on gear, it gives you the rollback effect. This is the reason most servers force you to remove gear when releveling I imagine

well, as it's about low level sorc level ups really where present and could be the part of bug. But no releveling. Only up.
Valbor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using this function NWNXPatch_GetMovementRateFactor(object oCreature) i noticed that Barbarian fast movement technically not stacks with haste (or movement speed increase effects), you could fix it?
And I'll be glad if you add this function NWNXPatch_SetMovementRateFactor(object oCreature, float fRateFactor) in your next patch. Smile

Also not worked focus, epic focus and improved critical with creature weapon, fix it please at next patch.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valbor wrote:
Hello, I recently installed the 1.72 latest. I see that it's a colossal job and a huge thank you ShaDoOoW for it.
Have bugs and some suggestions for your next patch version.

Bugs:
1. If a PC or NPC has Plot status, and use stealth or search mode will not penalty to speed, it standard game bug and i would like to see this fixed.
2. String Disallow Possessing Animal Companion=1 in nwnplayer not working, ie i can always possessing the companion.
3. If you possessing Animal Companion in the game from NWNX, when using the stealth or search mode, then window of portrait at companion's master will disappears from the party and not always appears.

Suggestions:
1. Add additional scripts for other special attacks such as Cleave, Great cleave, Smite good-evil, Called shot, Circle kick, Stunning fist, Ki damage. Also script to trigger sneak attack.
2. In my opinion it was unnecessary to add colored icons of classes, skills etc. in your patch, let it be a separate file for download for those who need it.

Bug1. I guess I can try fix this. While invulnerable it makes no sense to be also immune to penalties of stealth/detect mode.

Bug2. Thanks, I made a typo and while client reads this from [Server Options], server plugin reads it from [Community Patch]. Till I release new version you can duplicate this ini under [Community Patch] it should work then.

Bug3. Couldn't repro this. Could you set up a singleplayer saved game where I would be able to possess animal companion and see this bug? Or at least send me screenshots what it looks like? Would help fixing this.

Suggestion1: Not that easy. Currently I softcoded basically only feats that performs a non-damaging effect. Effect that can be duplicated via NWScript. Duplicating damage is not possible via NWScript or at least I have no idea how to make this possible in a good way. This is why smite evil supports custom classes in damage calculation but there is no softcoded script. From what you named, Stunning Fist might be doable though.
Either way I would be interested in what way do you want to modify these feats such as cleave. Perhaps I would find another way how to help you do it.

Suggestion2: This was discussed a lot of times. There are obviously a two camps one that dislikes it and one that doesn't mind or likes it. The second camp has more followers. At this moment you can download a revert override on vault to restore vanilla icons. I understand the critique about this, but my goal was to make the game more modern and more plausible for new players. Colored icons are quite a standard these days and while I had troubles to get used to few spell icons that were changed completely the overall quality of the work is really high.

DarkSet wrote:
Quote:
I can confirm that is a very, very old bug. It happens when releveling with spell slots on your gear. When you drop below the thresh-hold of being able to cast a spell level, and then level back up to that point while maintaining the spell slots on gear, it gives you the rollback effect. This is the reason most servers force you to remove gear when releveling I imagine

well, as it's about low level sorc level ups really where present and could be the part of bug. But no releveling. Only up.

I currently don't spend that much time in NWN so I need you to try find a repro case.
Valbor wrote:
Using this function NWNXPatch_GetMovementRateFactor(object oCreature) i noticed that Barbarian fast movement technically not stacks with haste (or movement speed increase effects), you could fix it?
And I'll be glad if you add this function NWNXPatch_SetMovementRateFactor(object oCreature, float fRateFactor) in your next patch. Smile

Also not worked focus, epic focus and improved critical with creature weapon, fix it please at next patch.

Yes barbarian speed does not stack with haste - this is known ( http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Barbarian_fast_movement ) and opinions whether is it bug or not vary.
I don't think it would be wise to change this unless you find a reference with DnD rules. Each issue has its own defenders who will criticize me for fixing it because they never admit its not correct behavior.

Yes I can add that function.
EDIT: I take back. There is a SetMovementRate factor already. I thought this function should be enough. It is not usable in your case?

Can you be more specific? I think I know what you mean but add some details so I don't have to find out the hard way.

Valbor wrote:
Hello ShaDoOoW, as you have time look at this bugs:

1. NWNXPatch_GetUsedDeflectArrows(object oCreature) Returns 1 before the first use of Deflect Arrows, and after this will always return 0 even if the oCreature rested.
2. NWNXPatch_GetUsedEpicDodge(object oCreature) Here the value is reverse, ie returns 1 if oCreature already used epic dodge in this round, and return 0 if not use (this bug is not serious but better to fix).

My plugin simply reads values from engine and prints them. If it behaves weirdly I don't think I can do much about it. Imight look into this but definitely low priority for me... What do you use this for?
Valbor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaDoOoW wrote:
Bug3. Couldn't repro this. Could you set up a singleplayer saved game where I would be able to possess animal companion and see this bug? Or at least send me screenshots what it looks like? Would help fixing this.

Ah sorry this bug only at my module, in a standard module, everything is fine. And search this bug i will self.

ShaDoOoW wrote:
Either way I would be interested in what way do you want to modify these feats such as cleave. Perhaps I would find another way how to help you do it.

Well, for example when Cleave, Great cleave or Circle kick attacks ignored concealment and epic dodge from the enemy, or 100% hit in this case like 20 on the dice.

ShaDoOoW wrote:
Yes I can add that function.
EDIT: I take back. There is a SetMovementRate factor already. I thought this function should be enough. It is not usable in your case?

Can you be more specific? I think I know what you mean but add some details so I don't have to find out the hard way.

NWNXPatch_SetMovementRate provides a variants from creaturespeed.2da of options, in my case, it is necessary to reduce the speed of the monks from 10% to 5% for every 3 levels. Or increased on 25% speed from Blinding speed, which will stack with Haste, etc.

ShaDoOoW wrote:
My plugin simply reads values from engine and prints them. If it behaves weirdly I don't think I can do much about it. Imight look into this but definitely low priority for me...

I'll be happy if you succeed to make it work normally. Smile

ShaDoOoW wrote:
What do you use this for?

Not sure I understand the question, but oh well...

Valbor wrote:

And for this bugs it is possible to come up with something?
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, for example when Cleave, Great cleave or Circle kick attacks ignored concealment and epic dodge from the enemy, or 100% hit in this case like 20 on the dice.

I thought so. And this is a problem to do in NWScript. I can code this inside nwnx plugin but I have no idea how to make this available in NWScript. Other developers uses special plugins that mimic NWScript such as lua or ruby. At this moment I don't see this possible, sorry.

Quote:
NWNXPatch_SetMovementRate provides a variants from creaturespeed.2da of options, in my case, it is necessary to reduce the speed of the monks from 10% to 5% for every 3 levels. Or increased on 25% speed from Blinding speed, which will stack with Haste, etc.

SetMovement rate. Exactly! All you need to do is to define a new set of lines with speed you want for each 3levels of monk and set it to this using SetMovementRate. In case of Blinding Speed why not use EffectMovementSpeedIncrease?
I realize that if you want to multiply/stack base speed from multiple sources this become problematic but function SetMovementRateFactor might not work the way you want at all - the speed you set might be overriden by engine whenever any other speed effect is used.

Quote:
And for this bugs it is possible to come up with something?

I need more informations. You tried to set different weapon feats for creature weapons? It didn't work? I am sorry but I currently don't spend that much time in NWN and if I have to retest/verify everything it slows me down.
Valbor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaDoOoW wrote:
I thought so. And this is a problem to do in NWScript. I can code this inside nwnx plugin but I have no idea how to make this available in NWScript. Other developers uses special plugins that mimic NWScript such as lua or ruby. At this moment I don't see this possible, sorry.

lua or ruby plugins for Windows or only Linux? I use Windows and when i searched i found only for Linux, maybe I'm bad looking? These plugins could solve most of my problems.

ShaDoOoW wrote:
I realize that if you want to multiply/stack base speed from multiple sources.

You're right, that's what I want to do, without adding a lot of rows in my 2da file, under all my conditions for to multiply/stack base speed from all my sources.

ShaDoOoW wrote:
I need more informations. You tried to set different weapon feats for creature weapons? It didn't work? I am sorry but I currently don't spend that much time in NWN and if I have to retest/verify everything it slows me down.

Yes I installed all feats for creature weapon, specializations worked normally with creature weapons in slots are as overwhelming and devastating critical, but focus and epic focus at creature weapon not add bonus to attack as and improved critical not increase the critical threat range. But instead of these feats work for some reason worked focus, epic focus and improved critical with unarmed strike for creature weapons.
Valgav

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lua is available for windows. I'm thinking about developing using ti, just look at the bottom here: http://nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1535&start=405
highv priest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valbor wrote:

ShaDoOoW wrote:
I realize that if you want to multiply/stack base speed from multiple sources.

You're right, that's what I want to do, without adding a lot of rows in my 2da file, under all my conditions for to multiply/stack base speed from all my sources.

If you use haks you can create duplicates of the normal player races. THEN the movement rate switch will work. For some odd reason BioWare tied the normal player races to always use the default speed, regardless of the moverate set in the appearance.2da.

Alternatively, you can set the base speed for PCs to be 100% higher(which is like 8.00 or something) and then set an EffectMovementSpeedIncrease with a negative number of 50% to drop them back down to normal speed.

Then any movement speed increases, including barbarian endurance would stack perfectly fine. Barbarian Endurance I can say for a fact does stack with haste, you can observe this by making a barbarian with 3 monk levels. They move at the speed of a level 6 monk.
DarkSet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you use haks you can create duplicates of the normal player races. THEN the movement rate switch will work. For some odd reason BioWare tied the normal player races to always use the default speed, regardless of the moverate set in the appearance.2da.

aren't races rownumbers also tied to interface blocks in char creation? If I create copy of Human race with another rownuber in 2da - what race would be used, mine or default?

And if I make default one unplayable setting 0 to column in 2da - what will be with interface?

Last edited by DarkSet on Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:06; edited 2 times in total
DarkSet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I found rather easy way to repro the bug with 255 sorc spells:
1. Have a sorc of lvl 14, with items increasinh cha about +10
2. use all spells of some levels to zero uses.
3. use polymorph self to umber hulk
4. Actually you have 255 uses of previously zeroed level already at this point.
5. unpolymorph - now you can use it.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkSet wrote:
Quote:

aren't races rownumbers also tied to interface blocks in char creation? If I create copy of Human race with another rownuber in 2da - what race would be used, mine or default?

And if I make default one unplayable setting 0 to column in 2da - what will be with interface?
wait wait guys

what race you select has no effect on character speed - afaik all player characters get the same base speed no matter of race. I believe that player character, unless polymorphed, always uses speed PLAYER, line 0 in creaturespeed.2da. Which is where you should define new collumns as this is what setmovementrate uses. It has nothing to do with race/custom race.

Custom race related, nwncx_patch + nwnx_patch allows to select custom race in character selection. All you need to do is to write a race Label from racialtypes.2da as Subrace - then it will automatically change the race to the custom one. You can try this with Brownie or Wemic if you use CEP.
DarkSet wrote:
Looks like I found rather easy way to repro the bug with 255 sorc spells:
1. Have a sorc of lvl 14, with items increasinh cha about +10
2. use all spells of some levels to zero uses.
3. use polymorph self to umber hulk
4. Actually you have 255 uses of previously zeroed level already at this point.
5. unpolymorph - now you can use it.

thanks that helped a lot, I fixed this, will try to add few more requested features/fixes before I upload new version though

Also found unfortunately a new bug which happens in loaded games. It seems that when the game is loaded spontaneous spell uses might not be reduced properly when unequipping items with casting ability bonus. Not sure how to fix it and if even waste time with this though...
DarkSet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
what race you select has no effect on character speed - afaik all player characters get the same base speed no matter of race. I believe that player character, unless polymorphed, always uses speed PLAYER, line 0 in creaturespeed.2da. Which is where you should define new collumns as this is what setmovementrate uses. It has nothing to do with race/custom race.

I actually tried to give playable custom race another movement rate by defining another row from creaturespeed.2da in proper racialtypes.2da column and it did not work - it uses default char speed anyway.

So function can change base movement rate using creaturespeed.2da rows? It actually must work on PCs too? Will it be saved after logoff or I have to alter module OnEnter script to set proper movement to the race on connection?

Also have a question about polymorph: is it possible to let polymorphed creature equip/unequip items instead of current mechanics? I'd like to give at least humanoid shapes ability to act as normal - equip, cast, use items.
Oh, and casting too, any way to let casting in poly?

Quote:
Also found unfortunately a new bug which happens in loaded games. It seems that when the game is loaded spontaneous spell uses might not be reduced properly when unequipping items with casting ability bonus. Not sure how to fix it and if even waste time with this though...

If this does not affect multplayer it has no value for me. I personally did not use saves in NWN for years.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkSet wrote:
I actually tried to give playable custom race another movement rate by defining another row from creaturespeed.2da in proper racialtypes.2da column and it did not work - it uses default char speed anyway.

So function can change base movement rate using creaturespeed.2da rows? It actually must work on PCs too? Will it be saved after logoff or I have to alter module OnEnter script to set proper movement to the race on connection?

SetMovementRate in 70_inc_nwnx. I don't know if it persists through restart thats up to zou to find out - if not just reapply it no problem.

Quote:

Also have a question about polymorph: is it possible to let polymorphed creature equip/unequip items instead of current mechanics? I'd like to give at least humanoid shapes ability to act as normal - equip, cast, use items.
Oh, and casting too, any way to let casting in poly?

It is possible. I know other developers did it. I don't know if I can do this unless you find their source so I can copy it. And afaik this feature never came public.

As for casting in polymorph thats problematic. I've done that for my module in work but I used ugly workarounds. I don't see it likely to add into nwnx_patch as the solution I used had some serious security gaps which could be exploited if anyone saw the source code.
DarkSet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is possible. I know other developers did it. I don't know if I can do this unless you find their source so I can copy it. And afaik this feature never came public.

well, the only server with great polymorph changes I know did it thru char appearance change and ability increases and skin item manipulation instead of standard NWN poly.

But I've seen nwnx_polymorph in Terra_777's list. Don't know what it's doing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 4 of 44

Jump to: