logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX Speech plugin!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grinning Fool

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additional note:

In lds_aps_include, SQLInit() function, you might want to add :

SetLocalString(oWP, "NWNX!INIT", "1");

Prior to setting 'SPACER', as newer versions of NWNX can use this.
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 22:39    Post subject: another bug Reply with quote

Grinning Fool pointed out to me that strtok is not thread safe... though the only thing that uses it in another thread is the reload verbs button... so... don't use that button much for now. I'll have the fix for that in next repackage. Not that I expect people to do a lot of verb adding on the fly...

-Lanthar
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:00    Post subject: Testers Reply with quote

I'd appreciate some more feedback on this... if you are out there, using this, let me know how it's working. I need to know if people are experiencing problems.

-Lanthar
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Grinning Fool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

lds_load_actions: nwn_speech table does not have subtype column.

Also, missing lds_upgrade script for upgrading DB users.
Grinning Fool

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else been working with/testing the Windows version of this recently?
dalewake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been trying to get the speech implemented. I don't know where the problem is. I think it happened when I installed the updated DMFI set. Now it doesn't log in the logfile, doesn't implement the emotes. It is adding dots to the server log. When I use the Speech setup module, the text shows up in the popup listener window, but doesn't implement the emotes.
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 19:07    Post subject: Okay, I'm back. Reply with quote

Finally fixed my laptop, and am getting back into this code. Dalewake, send me an icq, aim or msn message sometime and I'll see if I can't figure out your issue. Also, the dmfi 1.07 merge should be basically done, but I need to add final changes to the dll before releasing next beta.

-Lanthar
JimDandy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really good news, Lanthar! We can't wait to implement it and "Wax on, wax off" that DMFI 1.07 from the module, thihi. I'll be keeping my eyes on this thread.

Jim
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 19:08    Post subject: Next Beta Reply with quote

http://lanthar.dyndsl.com/downloads/lds_talus_speech_301b_win.rar

Grab that copy instead. It includes DMFI 1.07 functionality too... theoretically.

I'd appreciate some help testing that.

Note: I noticed that the logging option causes increased cpu usage (6 to 20%) when someone floods the server with speech, and am currently testing changes to queue log entries up and write them in bulk... and keep the file open and flush it instead of closing every time... if that doesn't help, I'll have it run a separate logging thread.

Still, you can toggle speech logging by the checkbox in the eavesdrop dialog, and really, it only lags when you have a tester log in and quickslot a command and bang the heck out of it... (15 speech entries a second... Smile ) With logging off, cpu usage hovered at 0-2% using the test module.

-Lanthar
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:22    Post subject: Changes to logging: Reply with quote

Okay, I've apparently resolved the issue of the slow logging, and will be releasing another beta very shortly. The good... even great... news is that I made it maintain the speech log connection and only flush it out when new speech happens, along with having it queue entries before flushing. This cut the cpu time to... well, I dunno. I couldn't see a difference now between logging or not. It hovered around 1-3% instead of 0-3% when being flooded with speech (10-15 things said by player per second) as in the previous test.

The previous test had cpu usage spiking when logging was turned on, and hit up to 20% cpu... these new changes resulted in the cpu usage with logging on being undistinguishable from with it off. That means the system now uses about 1% of cpu to run under extreme conditions, and under normal conditions, you won't even be able to measure it's usage.

-Lanthar
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:41    Post subject: Beta 3.02 Reply with quote

Thanks to jeroen and dale_wake for testing for me... I now have cpu usage down to 0% on nwserver... which is a bit crazy to be honest... but once it loaded, the cpu time never even changed... and I never saw any percent of cpu in use by nwserver even though jeroen was flooding it with shouts...

Screenshot of new window format and cpu usage : (playername and ip removed for privacy)
http://lanthar.dyndsl.com/i/listenertest.jpg

New download for beta 3.02:
http://lanthar.dyndsl.com/downloads/lds_talus_speech_302b_win.rar

This version also fixes a bug with the ini file which caused it to go blank if you killed server before fully loaded, and a thread issue one with error logging...

-Lanthar
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:37    Post subject: Bug reports Reply with quote

So, any bug reports on this one?

-Lanthar
Dreamy

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'm trying to setup using beta 3.02: for the first time using mysql loaded installed everything according to instructions and loaded the setup mod never got any cinfig window at all or a listener (using the nwnxspeech.dll) my nwnx.txt file reads like this:
NWN Extender V.2.6.1
(c) 2005 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon) and Jeroen Broekhuizen
visit us at http://www.nwnx.org

* Loading plugins...
* Plugin odbc is loaded.
* Plugin profiler is loaded.
* Library SPEECH!CLEARQ does not exist.* Library SPEECH!MODNAME does not exist.* Library SPEECH!POP does not exist.* Library SPEECH!POP does not exist.* Library SPEECH!POP does not exist.* Library SPEECH!POP does not exist.* Library SPEECH!POP does not exist.* Library SPEECH!POP does not exist.* Library SPEECH!POP does not exist.* Library SPEECH!POP does not exist.* Library SPEECH!POP does not exist.* Library SPEECH!POP does not exist.* Library SPEECH!POP does not exist.* Library SPEECH!POP does not exist.* Library SPEECH!POP does not exist.* Library SPEECH!POP does not exist.* Library SPEECH!POP does not exist.* Library SPEECH!POP does not exist.* Library SPEECH!POP does not exist.* Library SPEECH!POP does not exist.* Library SPEECH!POP does not exist.* NWNX2 shutting down...
* NWNX2 shutdown successfull.

I pulled the setup lever within the setup mod it did create the database entries - used the permisissions lever and it set permissions on that user
nwnx_speech.txt does contain text from a user tell but never seeing the pretty talus viewer window - guessing that is related to never getting the config windows either also does not create the ini files - which makes sense - ot seems to be working but I'm a bit confused as to why the config options didnt show up or dont get a viewer, I'm not normally a dummy but looks like I missed something - any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 23:19    Post subject: Dll Reply with quote

Did you extract nwnx_speech.dll into your nwn install directory?

It sounds like your nwnx failed to locate the nwnx_speech.dll file, and therefore didn't load it.

I'm unsure as to how it could capture any speech to the log since it failed to get the modulename(according to the log).

If you did extract the dll to your nwn directory, there is a log file generated in nwn dir by the speech system. nwnx_speech.txt...
It should look like this:
Code:

NWNX2 Talus Speech Listener Version 3.0b for Windows.
Copyright (C) 2003 Josh Dalton (Lanthar D'Alton) and Marc Paradise (Grinning Fool)
 - Loading Verb Map
 - Loaded 120 Verbs
 - Launching Listener Thread.
 - Launched Listener Thread.
 - Hooked to Module: [Talus Speech Setup]

I'm wondering why it recorded a player tell there. Check your ini file if you have one in nwn dir, and make sure the logfile name there is not nwnx_speech.txt. That's a reserved filename for error logging, and could cause trouble.

also, check your nwn directory for that ini file... nwnx_talus.ini
if you find it, delete it, and the next time the dll is loaded by nwnx it should bring up the configuration window.

If it keeps failing to do that, here's my ini file, all you should need to do is run the exe to determine which interface to use, then change the number in this ini file. Or just try it with 1, then 2, then 3.... Smile

Code:

[SPEECH]
Debug=0
Interface=1
AutoEmote=1
Log=1
Logfile=speechlog.txt
UseDatabase=0
ShowSpeech=1
PrivateCTell=0
PrivateSTell=0

All that having been said, if you still have problems, or aren't clear on what I posted, feel free to icq me or aim, or msn. (all in my signature below)

-Lanthar
Dreamy

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK dolved - got the dll versions wrong I used the one from nwnx site by accident instead of your new one withh 302b working fine now thanks a lot for quick response
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: