logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX Weapons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kato

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to make the ByPass() function cancel the server message(0+0=0) upon bypassing events like special attacks etc?

Kato
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaDoOoW wrote:
Would be possible to control immunities? I would like to remove fear, stun and paralyze from being negated by mind-spells immunity as well as allow damage ability decrease from poisons/diseases to strike players protected by immunity to ability decrease. Possibility to divine sneak immunity from critical immunity would be nice as well.
just out of curiosity, i found the way to do that using MaxRock's nwnx_funcs

using:
Code:
NWNXFuncs_RemoveImmunityOverride(oTarget,IMMUNITY_TYPE_ABILITY_DECREASE);

before applying ability decrease and then
Code:
NWNXFuncs_RemoveAllImmunityOverrides(oTarget);

allowed the ability damage to bypass the immunity

and this was my second research, at first I tried to do it by changing the immunity effect integer on character which also worked and may be used for more purposes (however when I tried to decrease AC bonus from haste it didn't worked :/)

Code:
  int m, n = NWNXFuncs_GetFirstEffectInternal(oTarget);
  int x1,x2,x3,x4,x5,x6;
  string c,i;
   do
   {
    if(n == 0) m = TRUE;
   //find out details
   x1 = NWNXFuncs_GetEffectTypeInternal(FALSE);//effect_type_*
   x2 = NWNXFuncs_GetEffectIntegerInternal(0);//immunity_type_*
    if(x1 == 15 && x2 == 19)
    {
    NWNXFuncs_SetEffectIntegerInternal(0,-19);
    }
   n = NWNXFuncs_GetNextEffectInternal(oTarget);
   }while(m == FALSE);     
  ///////////////////////////////////////////////////
  ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT,ePoison,oTarget);
  /////////////////////////////////////////////////// temporarily remove ability decrease immunity
  m = FALSE;
  n = NWNXFuncs_GetFirstEffectInternal(oTarget);
   do
   {
    if(n == 0) m = TRUE;
   //find out details
   x1 = NWNXFuncs_GetEffectTypeInternal(FALSE);//effect_type_*
   x2 = NWNXFuncs_GetEffectIntegerInternal(0);//immunity_type_*
    if(x1 == 15 && x2 == -19)
    {
    NWNXFuncs_SetEffectIntegerInternal(0,19);
    }
   n = NWNXFuncs_GetNextEffectInternal(oTarget);
   }while(m == FALSE);       

Terra_777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not entirely sure how the immunity overrides work, I know max-rocks stuff can do it. The most I've looked at immunity overrides was when I was trying to make deathattack ignore paralyze immunity and freedom.

I can see about removing the combat messages, not entirely sure if I can but I'll look at it when I get some time.

Also, anyone had any non-crashing success with the special abilities or been able to pin-point any crashes? I know that it acts up upon PCs with special abilities applied to them though.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terra, would be possible to completely bypass the bonuses of the combat mode? Or am I looking wrong?
Terra_777

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't bypass the bonuses of the combat mode, you can prevent them from toggling on/off. You can also make them "sticky" as such they won't toggle off by themselves. You can also bruteforce them on and off without going though the toggle event.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terra_777 wrote:
You can't bypass the bonuses of the combat mode, you can prevent them from toggling on/off. You can also make them "sticky" as such they won't toggle off by themselves. You can also bruteforce them on and off without going though the toggle event.
ok so its not possible, what about in future? or the possibility to sticky any selectable feat? I have custom power attack but it doesnt sticky upon activation so player must remember if he toggled it or not which makes difficulties to young players . Rolling Eyes
Wallack

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to allow players with level higher than 40 to join the server?

They can level in the server with nwnx_cool but then, when they exit they can't login again.

aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh found it!! AMMMMMAAAAAAAAZING !!
J. Persinne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter where I call it from, which creature I request data from, or what data I request, GetCurrentCombatData() always returns "0" for me.

Could anyone give me an example where it actually works?

I'm hoping to determine whether a rogue is sneak attacking when the event is triggered; but as it is, I'm at a loss as to how to use the function in any sense whatsoever.
Baaleos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

since someone else resurrected this thread.

@Terra - would it be possible to get a build where placeable examine, and creature DoDamage events are hooked.

(im hoping DoDamage) can be hooked so player damage events can be created.
Kato

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

J. Persinne wrote:
No matter where I call it from, which creature I request data from, or what data I request, GetCurrentCombatData() always returns "0" for me.

Could anyone give me an example where it actually works?

I'm hoping to determine whether a rogue is sneak attacking when the event is triggered; but as it is, I'm at a loss as to how to use the function in any sense whatsoever.

I'm also interested by this, I'm wondering how to interpret the values returned when passing base damage(or the other damage types) as an argument. I was initially expecting either the damage dealt or the average damage, but the value is the same even after swapping weapons, except if I relog, in which case the value is adjusted to the worn weapon.

Thanks for any info

Kato
Flutterby

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I find the nwnx_cool documentation a bit lacking Wink

In the nwnx.ini, I currently have all Cool switches turned off, except for GetCasterLevel = 1.
In my local spellhooks file, I calculate the caster level I want and save that on the PC as a LocalInt called 'cstrlvl'.
Now am I not right to assume that when the spell script that runs after the spell hook calls GetCasterLevel, it should use that int instead of the normal NWN function? Because it doesn't seem to do that :S
Flutterby

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flutterby wrote:
Hey there,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I find the nwnx_cool documentation a bit lacking Wink

In the nwnx.ini, I currently have all Cool switches turned off, except for GetCasterLevel = 1.
In my local spellhooks file, I calculate the caster level I want and save that on the PC as a LocalInt called 'cstrlvl'.
Now am I not right to assume that when the spell script that runs after the spell hook calls GetCasterLevel, it should use that int instead of the normal NWN function? Because it doesn't seem to do that :S

NM, I've figured it out Smile
ronchese

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind sharing what did you do? I could not understand yet where the event can be handled (where I should code to see the things happen).

Flutterby wrote:
Flutterby wrote:
Hey there,

NM, I've figured it out Smile
ronchese

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nvm. Figured too. I was using a wrong package, which does not have all needed files and samples.

ronchese wrote:
Mind sharing what did you do? I could not understand yet where the event can be handled (where I should code to see the things happen).
Gperinazzo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to hook the automatic metamagic feat check during the spell cast? I've made some tests and it doesn't seem to be one of the parameters on the hooked cast spell funcion.

If you could implement that it would be really helpful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12

Jump to: